EDD May 2012 Mummies!

milkshake

Hi all

I read about how bad the expo baby fair was so I decided not to go which was a good thig cos I was really tired over the weekend. Me, hubby and maid went to Orchard to check or sterilizer and didn't find the Philips Avent Digital Steam sterilizer model except for Robinson selling at $199. Baby superstore is selling for $179 with free shipping. So I decided not to buy and look to see if there's any better bargains also I doubt since its controlled price. All I found at most places were the 4-in-1 sterilizer which isn't what I want since I'm using Medela bottles n pump as well. So the Digital steam was suppose to be better.

But what I did buy at Robinson was the Philips Avent bundle which contains the steamer cum blender together with some plates, cutleries, cups and some storage cups to store yr own homemade food. Quite a good bundle I believe as the blender alone cost something like $260+. I think I was buying ahead of time sicr my newborn in may will not be having solids until later. Heh but good bundle I wld say.

Dilys

agree that the baby expo is not worth going.. not many vendors and the big ticket items are so expensive.. now thinking to go for the one next week..

have anyone bought the breastfeeding pump and accessories? my fren told me not to buy so early cos I won't know now if I'll hav milk until I deliver. But won't it be too late to buy the breastpump by then? Is it really necessary to buy the pumps since I'll be breastfeeding at home during the 4 mths of maternity leave (though I've not decided how long to breastfeed my boy)? And also I'm not sure if my boy will latch on to me or not.

if buy, manual or electric pumps is better? for the storge cups, mus it be the same brand as the pump to be compatible? Must it be the same brand for the milk bottle and the teats? so confusing and lost when I was at the Baby Expo yesterday.. duno wat to buy first... anyone can help?
Hi

Definetly u will have milk supply coming in straight after giving birth this will applies to all mummies! NO milk will come out if you are stress... If u r positive.. Definetly u will be able to have supply.

If you decide to full breastfeeding ur child for the 1st mth then u don't need to buy a pump. By not worrying & get a successful latch on its advisable for u to attend prenatal class/ or visit a lactation officer to advice you on the techniques before delivery to fully prepared yourself for breastfeeding.

If you r confidence in latching then u can wait till after one mth to decide the pump that you want to buy. Some mummies after 1mth of breastfeeding they have no more determination to continue so.. If u bought the pumps.. It will be a waste!

Rzena

Hello all mummies!~

I'm back from my batam trip. Had a good baby shopping spree there, bought nursing bras at only $5.50 per piece! Amazing...
Got quite abit of the baby necessities there too, plus a nursing pillow for about $34. Hubby did all the carrying...heh heh.

I already bought my breastmilk pump months back... Based on my sister's experience, she had nipple sores by the 2nd week after giving birth. She resorted to pumping out her milk and feeding the baby her breastmilk by bottle on alternate feeds, just to give her nipples some chance to breathe. Works well for her... her baby did not get nipple confusion like what some websites mentioned.

Dilys

Hello all mummies!~

I'm back from my batam trip. Had a good baby shopping spree there, bought nursing bras at only $5.50 per piece! Amazing...
Got quite abit of the baby necessities there too, plus a nursing pillow for about $34. Hubby did all the carrying...heh heh.

I already bought my breastmilk pump months back... Based on my sister's experience, she had nipple sores by the 2nd week after giving birth. She resorted to pumping out her milk and feeding the baby her breastmilk by bottle on alternate feeds, just to give her nipples some chance to breathe. Works well for her... her baby did not get nipple confusion like what some websites mentioned.
Hi dear..

Sore nipples due to frequent of wrong way of latching. Lucky for your sister's baby not to have nipple confusion. It always best to do full breastfeeding for the 1st mth to prevent .. breast engrogment..

AngelaNg

Hi Mummies, does anybody has any idea where to buy nursing bras with bigger cup? So far the biggest size I can find is D D.

Last edited:

Meilynn

Ladies, anyone of u exp chest pain? Very similar to muscle tear so I cannot differentiate. Been having this pain on top of my left breast till the back of my shoulder blade starting last Wed. Pain went off few days today back again but more intense. Kept feeling the throbbing pain n hurts when I breathe in n out :( Think tonight cannot sleep well again

Gracecwz

Ladies, anyone of u exp chest pain? Very similar to muscle tear so I cannot differentiate. Been having this pain on top of my left breast till the back of my shoulder blade starting last Wed. Pain went off few days today back again but more intense. Kept feeling the throbbing pain n hurts when I breathe in n out :( Think tonight cannot sleep well again
Hey meilynn, I think u better see a doc for it. I had sharp pain at the bottom of my back, at the butt area. DH says its from watching to many drama serials :p. anyway I couldn't really put weight on my right when I walk. At first I tot small problem, then it got worse. Until I decided to see company doc. Company doc just gave me some pain killers to eat. After 1 day no more pain Liao. He says got inflammation, and will keep getting more inflamed / pain until I do something to stop the inflammation. So once I took the pain killers, the pain stopped. No need to continue indefinitely, just until pain goes away.

We are more or less nearing the end of 2nd trimester, I know 3rd trimester is risky to take pain killers, so I think u should get it treated as soon as possible.

Dilys

Hey meilynn, I think u better see a doc for it. I had sharp pain at the bottom of my back, at the butt area. DH says its from watching to many drama serials :p. anyway I couldn't really put weight on my right when I walk. At first I tot small problem, then it got worse. Until I decided to see company doc. Company doc just gave me some pain killers to eat. After 1 day no more pain Liao. He says got inflammation, and will keep getting more inflamed / pain until I do something to stop the inflammation. So once I took the pain killers, the pain stopped. No need to continue indefinitely, just until pain goes away.

We are more or less nearing the end of 2nd trimester, I know 3rd trimester is risky to take pain killers, so I think u should get it treated as soon as possible.
Hi

U went to your company doc not ur gynae for medicine?? Actually it's better to get medicine from your gynae.. Some medicine from normal gp is not safe for pregnancy. It's very common to have sharp pain at the back bottom ( ur tail bone) .. If its bearable then try not to take any medicine. U will feel more pain there during ur 3rd trimester.

By taking painkiller .. Yes relieved the pain but it will affect the movement of baby also.. Painkiller helps u relax n u will find that baby move less. So just bear with it now.. During labour.. Ur tail bone will be terrible painful.. So try to get use to the pain now !!

Dilys

Hi Meilynn,

Its better to check with ur gynae.

Meilynn

Dear Gracecwz, thks for concern. I managed to get some rest after my hubby massage for me the sore area. Was painful n hurts during the massage but today wake up feel much better. If pain persists, will go back to my gynae. I dun really wanna try taking painkiller, even if prescribed by gynae. I only felt my BB's movement when I was almost 26 weeks. Very late n dowan tk the risk of her moving any lesser with the intake of painkiller so will hv to tahan as much as I could. At least now I can breathe much better wif out the constant pain.

Only thru this pregnancy then I truly appreciate how 伟大 my mum is.

xiaoxiaoli

Hi mummies,
just joined this forum, realised too many mummy related forums..
my EDD 14 May, girl.. hoping she'll come out either 3 May or 11 May. =) cos these 2 are special dates..

Oh, if any mummies want to buy baby stuff like cloth diapers and if you do have time, try driving into JB (Tuas side),head for Jusco and Tesco. Tesco something like Giant Mega Mart, only bigger. Saw some baby clothes that can be worn at home selling for less than RM10.
Jusco got a Isetan like departmental store, sells plenty of baby stuff like detergent for washing baby clothes and bottles etc etc. Can consider. =) made my first trip there in Jan, heading there in Apr to get the rest of the stuff after listing down things we need to buy.. Hope this also helps.

Oh, I do have urine leakage as well. it's common. Used to have UTI (urinary tract infection) before pregnancy. Pelvic floor exercise did help. Do 3-4 times a day, 10 sets of quick holds and release and another 10 sets of hold, count to 10 and release. It helped lesson the leakages. =)

Gemini11

Hi Gemini11,

If you dun mind, please let me know the website.*
hi dear, she is selling on gmarket.
Maternity & Baby - HANDMADE Pillow with BEANSPROUT HUSK New Stock (Jan...

if u dont have a gmarket acccount and find it troublesome to signup just to buy one item, u can pm me i msg u the seller's number. i dont know her personally, but she was so sweet to call me personally to clarify some issue, even throw in a free gift when i re order. Thought was quite a nice seller and price reasonable.

Hihi.. i went to the baby fair at expo last week and was able to find size cup F.. mayb u could try the up coming baby fair in expo.. this weekend.. anw, i am a march MTB... =D
Hee hee.. i gotten G too... hahaha.. finally.... u gotten the medela one? I bought 5 pcs... $20eaCH...

Did you take their brochure? Can u send the contact to AngelaNg? I am out of town.. didnt carry the brochure out.. Inbetween the salegirl say can always refer to their webby for future purchase.. They have large size....

I am 21 Apr 2nd time mummy...