EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Gracecwz

John little is having baby fair from13 to 26 feb... Check out at the web http://www.johnlittle.com.sg/images/Events/babyfair/2012_DM12004_JL_Feb_Baby_Fair.pdf

Robinson is not having store wide discount now, having some lucky dip thingy...http://www.robinsons.com.sg/images/pdfjuly22711/RB-027-12_ASE_ST_Ck.pdf
HEy ladies, Isetan called me up to inform of their baby fair too, up to 20% off, some more if got card, extra discount. I think metro dun have a lot of choices, so not buying from them even though got sale.

BTW, which so u ladies prefer for baby cot ah? the wooden traditional type, or the new age, travel baby cot which doubles as playpen? i'm so torn between them

Gracecwz

oh i didnt want to buy those that have to fold, dont want to learn how to fold, prefolds seem alot easier hehe :p

yeah good to try a few pcs first. i got a few from moomookow and bumwear (insert + cover), will see how prefolds work out if i wanna continue with them. there's actually alot of brands of cloth diapers out there!!! the SA at the shop also told me that in the future when bb outgrows the prefolds, i can use them as inserts in the cover instead so not wasted :)

ive never thought about the detergent part yet but the SA at the shop didnt ask me to use anything special so i will just use my existing one (persil powder detergent). she only told me not to wash the covers at above 30 degrees. might try the countrysave detergent powder they have once i finish my persil.
I'm also considering cloth diapers leh. but i was looking at happy heinys or charlie banana one size diapers. they look great and doubles up as pants too. anyone else getting such diapers?

climsp

John little baby fair & kiddy palace selling same package.
4-in-1 sterilizer with 3 bottle $180
Blender with 3 bottles $199
both sets come w/ some small items!

Going robinson n taka later to check out!

Last edited:

Gemini11

I'm also considering cloth diapers leh. but i was looking at happy heinys or charlie banana one size diapers. they look great and doubles up as pants too. anyone else getting such diapers?
im also sourcing for cloth diaper, dont wan spend too much on them, as long as cheap and good. will buy one from few brands and try after birth if good then stock up

Gracecwz

Hey ladies, I went to baby kingdom at KaKi bukit, they have this offer for quinny zapp xtra + maxi cosi cabriofix infant car seat for $755. Is it worth it to buy? Feels a bit costly

Rukia

John little baby fair & kiddy palace selling same package.
4-in-1 sterilizer with 3 bottle $180
Blender with 3 bottles $199
both sets come w/ some small items!

Going robinson n taka later to check out!
I went all the way to Metro to buy the sterilizer package and its Out Of Stock! Sigh! Seems like they have been OOS since Thursday and promo will end on Sun??!

4-in-1 $159
3-in-1$109

If i didnt rem wrongly..but not sure what else is included in the package since the promoter not that sure as well...

Rukia

Heard from my fren that Taka baby fair most prob in mid march.... Hopefully can get all my baby stuff there...settle once and for all :)

climsp

Hi mummies! Went to isetan Robinson john little & taka today! Best deal I find! 4in1. Brush 2 big 3 small bottles-$180 @ isetan! Steam&blender 3 big bottles plate & water bottles - $199 @ taka

gessim

Hey ladies, I went to baby kingdom at KaKi bukit, they have this offer for quinny zapp xtra + maxi cosi cabriofix infant car seat for $755. Is it worth it to buy? Feels a bit costly
I got the exact set + seat reducer for $799 at the expo by baby hypermart. Gimmick man.. They told me seat reducer is given free.

Smurfete

OG Albert court sells baby pillow case.
Oh, thanks for the info!

Can't resist the urge, so I went to the EXPO baby fair yesterday evening after my glucose test. Not much choices on prams and cots/ playpens. The clothing are so cheap... $2 each but left with only pants. The biggest bargain is perhaps the bath tub @$25 only. AVENT is selling their sterilizer, breast pump, warmer etc as individual items rather than a bundle. Compared to bundle pricing in JL, I think the total price is about the same

miracle25

agree that the baby expo is not worth going.. not many vendors and the big ticket items are so expensive.. now thinking to go for the one next week..

have anyone bought the breastfeeding pump and accessories? my fren told me not to buy so early cos I won't know now if I'll hav milk until I deliver. But won't it be too late to buy the breastpump by then? Is it really necessary to buy the pumps since I'll be breastfeeding at home during the 4 mths of maternity leave (though I've not decided how long to breastfeed my boy)? And also I'm not sure if my boy will latch on to me or not.

if buy, manual or electric pumps is better? for the storge cups, mus it be the same brand as the pump to be compatible? Must it be the same brand for the milk bottle and the teats? so confusing and lost when I was at the Baby Expo yesterday.. duno wat to buy first... anyone can help?

Meilynn

agree that the baby expo is not worth going.. not many vendors and the big ticket items are so expensive.. now thinking to go for the one next week..

have anyone bought the breastfeeding pump and accessories? my fren told me not to buy so early cos I won't know now if I'll hav milk until I deliver. But won't it be too late to buy the breastpump by then? Is it really necessary to buy the pumps since I'll be breastfeeding at home during the 4 mths of maternity leave (though I've not decided how long to breastfeed my boy)? And also I'm not sure if my boy will latch on to me or not.

if buy, manual or electric pumps is better? for the storge cups, mus it be the same brand as the pump to be compatible? Must it be the same brand for the milk bottle and the teats? so confusing and lost when I was at the Baby Expo yesterday.. duno wat to buy first... anyone can help?

My Gfs advised not to buy the pump first, incase not going for breast feeding cos no supply. Can source ard n cfm the brand first thou. Upon delivery, can get ur hubby to buy if able to bf. manual pump heard tt will be painful n not effective. To suggest going for electric pump instead.

Dunno if different brand of milk bottles can fit but I intend to buy all same brands. My Gf passed me her electric pump but I will get new sets ofbottles etc for hygiene purposes. Brand Medela which I think is expensive.

Meilynn

Any mums has a list to share re essential items to buy for new Borns? Goggle but not much info. So far only bought some clothing n n nothing else. Starting to worry not much time left. If can share the list, pls do. Appreciate.

For BB stroller, besides Baby Jogger which I mentioned earlier, thinking of buying Origami online from USA but very expensive. Think with acessories n shipping in, almost US$1,600/-. Wonder shd spend so much. Anyone has any advice pls?

Tannie

Any mums has a list to share re essential items to buy for new Borns? Goggle but not much info. So far only bought some clothing n n nothing else. Starting to worry not much time left. If can share the list, pls do. Appreciate.

For BB stroller, besides Baby Jogger which I mentioned earlier, thinking of buying Origami online from USA but very expensive. Think with acessories n shipping in, almost US$1,600/-. Wonder shd spend so much. Anyone has any advice pls?
Hi Meilynn, u might want to refer to this link http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f36/list-items-prepare-arrival-baby-20251/