EDD May 2012 Mummies!

climsp

hi sweetoothz, my hubby decide to get combi urban walker, is light weight, can easily close w/ 1 hand. cost $399.

anyone start to pack the BAG??
i still thinking wat if i am not at home, is outside or office when it happen. it not possible to go home take bag n go rite?? how?:err:

izanyzam

ladies,
i am having trouble deciding on a stroller. any recommendations?
well im looking for one that is
- lightweight
- can be close w 1 hand in case i'm alone w baby
- sturdy
- budget $500 (dont wanna spend so much on strollers cz scared by the time baby learn to walk then dont want to sit in it)

TIA :win:
You could try MacLaren's Techno stroller..Its lightweight..Umbrella fold..And one good advice i can give you is please look for a stroller which is fully-reclinable..Coz newborns dont care where they are..If they wanna sleep..THEY WILL SLEEP..!!! And look for a stroller that once folded,has a strap which you can sling onto your shoulder..A plus-point if you wanna get on the bus carrying a stroller and an infant..!!! :001_302:

izanyzam

hi sweetoothz, my hubby decide to get combi urban walker, is light weight, can easily close w/ 1 hand. cost $399.

i still thinking wat if i am not at home, is outside or office when it happen. it not possible to go home take bag n go rite?? how?:err:
Darling if ure outside and once labour starts..Just rush yourself down to the hospital..You can always tell your hubby or relative to go to your house later to get your hospital bag.. :001_302:

climsp

Darling if ure outside and once labour starts..Just rush yourself down to the hospital..You can always tell your hubby or relative to go to your house later to get your hospital bag.. :001_302:

haha yahor. i too kanchiong now, nowaday getting more n more tired, hope baby will be out by 37week!!

cupcakemum

:err:I've not started with the bag cos I haven't bought all the items yet. I still need to get my nursing bras, gowns and some disposable undies too... I've got to organise my baby's room too! Which I should start really soon!

Tannie

if u alrdy gt most stuffs thn no point goin there to squeeze with people. I went last sun morn n its super crowded... not al items are on sales, some are cheaper to get during dept sales tht has 20% off.

BTW, how many pajamas do we have to pack for hospital stay ?

izanyzam

if u alrdy gt most stuffs thn no point goin there to squeeze with people. I went last sun morn n its super crowded... not al items are on sales, some are cheaper to get during dept sales tht has 20% off.

BTW, how many pajamas do we have to pack for hospital stay ?
For my previous 2 deliveries..I stayed for 3 nights so i brought 3 sets..You might wanna bring more pyjamas or more disposable panties though coz it will easily get soiled coz u'll be bleeding after delivery..

Gemini11

Thanks for sharing! Have u gone to take a look? If so, how is it?

Not sure if it's worth going as I've already bought my stroller, breast pump, baby cot, rocker etc... Most stuff bought already
I went down ytd ( mon ) afternoon n it wasn't crowded at all. I've bought most things, so nothing much to buy. Just see see

sunkissed

Hi sunkissed, thx for sharing. I dot have pre-eclampsia as of now as I monitor my Bp daily. So far it's been normal. But I can understand yr situation and I'm sure it can be traumatic. At what week did u deliver yr baby? Hope you r both recovering well!
Hi milkshake,

Hmm actually my bp was also normal everytime I went for checkup even after I was admitted. And I felt totally fine as well. It was only the very night before the caesarean that I got the symptoms. So it's a very silent and sudden "attack".

Delivered her at 25 weeks + 2. Very worried cos she's small both in age and size.

I'm fine already thanks :) bp went down immediately after the op. Subsequent checkups also no problem.

Baby is doing fine for now too :) :)

sunkissed

Dear Sunkissed, how's ur princess doing? Today she shd be 1 mth n 2 days old? From ur previous posts, this was not easy for u. Happy tt both mummy n bb now getting stronger n stronger. Rem to jia you k. Bb will def be able to feel the love u guys hv for her.
Hello Meilynn!

My princess is doing really well. Taking in a lot more breastmilk and growing. Now she's much fleshier but still need to gain lots of weight. But sometimes she will "forget" to breathe which is common in premature babies cos the brain cannot coordinate the breathing as well as term ones. She has no more tubes except the oxygen tube and the feeding tube. So happy cos the incubator looks less cluttered.

Tannie

For my previous 2 deliveries..I stayed for 3 nights so i brought 3 sets..You might wanna bring more pyjamas or more disposable panties though coz it will easily get soiled coz you'll be bleeding after delivery..
Oh I c...thn I shall go get 1 more set. BTW did u shower during the hospital stay?

sunkissed

Haha, at least you ladies have time to pack the bag! I didn't have ANYTHING with me when I was hospitalised. Everything also don't know!

I have no idea what stroller to get also. How about those that come with the car seat and can put onto the stroller frame? So that we don't wake the baby if she's asleep in the car.

Btw, roughly how much did you all spend on preparing for the baby items?

izanyzam

Oh I c...thn I shall go get 1 more set. BTW did u shower during the hospital stay?
Both pregnancies..I delivered via c-sect so by the 2nd day wen i was up and walking..My gynae gave me the green light to have my shower provided that my c-sect wound is covered by waterproof dressing..

I just cant stand even the thought of not showering aft my op..!!! And lucky i did shower coz wen i had my epidural during the op,i moved my bowel without even realising it coz i was numb from the waist down mah..!!! :embarrassed:

izanyzam

And ladies one very important thing dat mummies overlook to pack is their breastpump..!! If for any reason your newborn doesnt wanna latch on..You will end up with a painfully swollen and engorged breasts..So please remember to bring along your breastpump yah..

I did dat mistake wen i delivered my 1st son thinking i dont need my pump with me since im gonna breastfeed my son..But he refused to latch on and i ended up having to "rent" the hospital's huge noisy breastpump..It was so noisy dat i felt like a cow kena milked..!!! So wen i was about to deliver my 2nd son..My breastpump was the 1st thing i packed in my hospital bag!! :001_302:

Gracecwz

For my previous 2 deliveries..I stayed for 3 nights so i brought 3 sets..You might wanna bring more pyjamas or more disposable panties though coz it will easily get soiled coz you'll be bleeding after delivery..

Im at a loss now....
Must we get gown type? Or pants type also can? Nursing tops can? Need to bring breast pads?

izanyzam

Im at a loss now....
Must we get gown type? Or pants type also can? Nursing tops can? Need to bring breast pads?
Sis..If u wanna wear gowns,buy those with buttons down the front..Easy to BF your newborn...Nursing tops also can though i think wearing gowns and pyjamas during yr hospital stay is more comfy..And yes please bring along breastpads too coz your milkflow will continue to come out even wen baby is not feeding..

miracle25

Thanks for sharing! Have u gone to take a look? If so, how is it?

Not sure if it's worth going as I've already bought my stroller, breast pump, baby cot, rocker etc... Most stuff bought already
I haven went, planning to go this weekend.. I've got the big items too at the previous fair at Expo, only big item left is the car seat and the smaller items like baby wipes, more clothes for the baby... we got a set of the Avent breastpump that comes wif 3 feeding bottles inside + 10 storage cups.. not sure if its enough.. we're tinking to get 1-2 more bottles and storage bags instead of cups.. but I cant seem to find storage bags from Avent, anyone know if they have? if not, can I use other brands of storage bags?