EDD May 2014 (maybe)

Tannie

Gniy, my advise is to buy dual electric pump.

I bog medela swing which is the most popular that time, but I dun really like it and I think it's expensive. I regret not buying dual pump. It is frustrating when u r pumping one side n leaking the other side... also u will waste more time pumping one side after another rather thn both at a go.

I hv not heard of unimon till recently. .. I saw kiddy palace selling. .. maybe can wait till sales? I am considering Ardo but seems like the price has increased. ..

Morning mummies!

Tannie, same as you. My first pump was a borrowed pump from my close friend; which is medela swing. She didn't breastfeed at all, so she lent me her brand new pump. Back then I didn't buy as I wouldn't know my milk supply.

It was really frustrating to be using only a single pump. Like you said, leaking on one side while pumping on the other. I always have to prepare another empty container to "hope" the leaking milk from my other side! Hahahaha! And it was slower too. So this led me to hand expression. I could easily express about 170ml within 10-15 mins! Really faster than the pump and it empties clearer too! No engorgement ever since!

Anyway, recently I bought Medela PISA (pump in style) as my colleague asked if I am interested in buying online. So I agreed. I haven't have my hands on it yet, but it's said to be the most powerful pump (aside from the hospital professional pumps). I hope this time I can yield more milk with this amazing pump. I think ultimately, I might still go back to hand expressing.

Tannie

Wow Perkyperky, hand express! I tried but no much milk. .. anyway I can't express much milk using pump... I always latch on till I need to bottle train my gal as I m going back to work. .. I can only pump out 15-20ml ... so pathetic. ..

Oh I think we can trade in old medela for new one at discount price, so mummies who wana upgrade, check out their office at Toh Guan.

Hand express can really empty the breasts better! Maybe i'm used to it... And hey! no amount of breast milk is pathetic ok?! It is already considered hard work that we breastfeed (regardless the amount)!

I don't have any old Medela breast pumps. I heard PISA is phasing out in the market. Dunno why it's phasing out too... Thanks for sharing!

About the hospital ward staying, I think I shall stick to 1-bedder... My thinking: to pamper myself before the tough breastfeeding journey starts and not to mention, worthy sleepless nights...

I realized the food from the hospital is not nice, even though it's a 1-bedder. I hope they will improve on the food quality this time! So does it mean all hospital charges are increased this year?

xuexue

hi all

I have been a silent reader on this thread so far. I expecting my first baby and my detailed scan is next Monday and I will be week 21. My gynae has managed to scan that I am expecting a boy at week 16.

Any suggestion for the brand of breast pump? I find Madela too expensive. Is Pigeon or Avent good? They are more reasonable in prices.

lalagal

Dear Mummies/Mummies to be,

Kindly take note that pre-orders for Year 2014 are now available. Kindly confirm your orders with a deposit to avoid disappointment as home made rice wine are based on made to order quantities. Customization for wine (i.e.yellow wine) also available upon request. Please call/sms for details.

For orders <5, kindly sms/call to check if I've ready stock ;)

-Homemade PURE rice wine, SWEET, FRAGRANT and YUMMY!
-For use in confinement cooking/daily cooking
-Multiple health benefits
-Cash upon collection/delivery only
-Deposit of $10 is needed to be transfer to confirm orders for <8 bottles
-Deposit of $50 is needed to be transfer to confirm orders for >9 bottles

-SMS will be sent to buyer to confirm order once deposit receives
-If interested, kindly call/sms 86091297 (faster response) or email to healthy_living2013@yahoo.com to place orders

**Orders of >8 bottles of rice wine, free delivery to 1 location, FREE 1x500g of rice pulp
**Orders of <8 bottles of rice wine or red rice pulp, self-collect or delivery(Delivery charge of $10 applies)

Pricing
750ml of red rice wine - $18
750ml of yellow rice wine - $18
500ml of red/yellow rice pulp - $6

Thank you dear mummies who were satisfied customers of mine. Thank you for your support for recommending friends to me and bless ya and love ones with good health! :)

Last edited:

juzlee

Dear Mummies,

as many of you are experienced mums, I am wondering if any of you experienced severe constipation during your pregnancy? I am 27 weeks pregnant and been admitted briefly to TMC as I couldn't stop puking for days and been constipated. Now the puking stop but I am still constipated. Even after doctor precribed laxatives, it didnt seem to work. I am now at home eating lots of fibre and drinking lots of water. I feel bloated all the time and it's getting very uncomfortable around the tummy. Just yesterday, I think I developed a small pile. Wondering if that's a cause of the constipation or that's caused by the constipation. I read that pregnancy can cause constipation and piles. I am seeing the doctor again on thursday. Not sure if I should see the doctor earlier. Help! Need some assurance.

Tannie

Juzlee, I had constipation for my previous pregnancy. My gp gave me a bullet to insert at the anal n after a while can go toliet le.

My advise is dun take any more fibre till u poo. Fibre will make constipation worst n make u feel bloated. Drink more fruit juice, prune juice, yoghurt drink, yakult etc.

Eat fruits like dragon fruits, orange n apple. Eat vege like egg plant, tomatoes n ladies finger. Eat soft food like noodle or porriage.

Start fibre when u finally poo to maintain good digestive system.

Take care.

Lingz12

wow perkyperky, salute u! hand express and u can get so much in 15min? I tried once wen I forgot to bring the pump to office (brought the pump parts but not the motor, how dumb of me) but it was so tiring! My fingers felt like breaking and it got numbed after a while.. yet e yield was like less than half my usual.. I tink im over reliant on my pump oredi..

oh my old medela is a us set.. I dun tink medela spore will let me trade in.. sobz..

yeah I heard medela PIS is super good as in the suction la.. but I prefer freestyle cos of the portability.. I dun wan to carry a backpack to work next time on top of my handbag.. *vain me* hahaha..

Tannie! add me to the FB group! I pm u my fb email id! ;)

shersy

oh btw ladies - have you bought your breast pumps yet? first time mummy and really quite clueless on what to buy. thinking of getting unimom breast pump, mothercare is selling it for $299 as a bundle. i know mothercare is expensive compared to others but amazon doesn't carry unimom too. read pretty good reviews on it too. i'm 20 weeks and sonographer said it's 95% boy - haha they don't really want to commit to 100% as baby is quite cheeky - giving good views of all the other organs except to show his gender.
I went mothercare today and saw the mothercare breast pump bundle at $169.. the brand is Innosense. I am most likely getting that..

Juzlee, I had constipation when I had my first. I remembered I stayed almost an hour in and out of the toilet, just to get those few pieces out (sorry on my description here, mummies)!

And after I delivered, my piles came out immediately. It was so painful that even when I tried pushing it back in, it didn't help. Stubborn piles kept appearing out, causing me so much pain and discomfort! Eventually, my kind gynae helped me push it back in when I went back for review. This time, no constipation at all and I'm really hoping and praying that it'll not pop out after I deliver!