EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

teriwinkle

Hi Nature and Joasiss, try not to swaddle bb when latching, they feel too comfortable and tend to fall asleep. Tickle their chins or ears to wake them up.

Or great to hear that. But still in confinement period so how to get?
Any idea how long do we need to change the milk bottle?
So it's not true that baby's stomach will have reserves to last for the first two days even without milk?? Did the nurses recommend feeding with formula milk during the hospital stay???

Good luck junzie!!!!

And mummies, theres a Philip fair on 17 n 18 nov at Toa payoh factory. So can load up on Avent products if u r using their products

Congrats! My boy has jaundice too :( but its going down, jus went for chk up this morning . Hope everything be fine by next Monday :)
thats 2 days away, GOOD LUCK!!!
sorry for late reply. I gave birth on 20 Oct 2012. My son weight is 3.35 Kg. We are fine but my son has jaundice.[/QUOTE]

Shirix

My baby also has jaundice.. Stayed in hospital for another 2 days.. Luckily she can be discharged today.. So happy!!

Is it true that I cannot take ginger and sesame oil if I want to breastfeed?

I'm thinking if need to, will send my hubby down with shopping list, hahaha

Heard that plastic bottles change once every 6 months but not sure if I remember correctly

My baby also has jaundice.. Stayed in hospital for another 2 days.. Luckily she can be discharged today.. So happy!!

Is it true that I cannot take ginger and sesame oil if I want to breastfeed?
Happy for u too :)
Hmmm my confinement lady did add sesame in her cooking n I have ginger everyday. Be it the fish,soup,veggie. My mil said is to clear the wind in my body. Dun think should hav problem with breast feeding.

junzie

Yaye! It will be over before you realize it! :) Enjoy all you can today!

junzie:713731 said:
hello mummies.. I'll be going for my csection tomorrow morning, am starting to feel the jitters already.. to all the first time mummies, drink plenty of water and red date tea it really helps with the bm supply. for me i realized I could have more bm by drinking soybean :)
hope so!! scared yet can't wait to see baby no.2 :eek:

junzie

My confinement lady says avoid ginger if breastfeeding jaundice baby.
yup, ginger increases jaundice. if possible lay off ginger for awhile till baby is ok esp if u bf-ing.

if not u can sun your baby to lower jaundice. morning or evening sun is good..

SGNZ

Hi all,

I have been a silent reader in this thread. I actually living in New Zealand and my EDD is 6th Nov on a planned c-section. I really enjoy the open discussion and the experience you guys are sharing though I am gonna give birth in NZ. It is quite a different culture over here as you can imagine in a European country. So trying to absorb as much knowledge on the confinement, first time mum experience etc. I have added myself in the facebook thread as well:)

Welcome SGNZ!! It's not easy to take care of a newborn on your own! Are you living in NZ permanently or it's just a temporary arrangement? Should be getting quite warm now so confinement should be quite a chore....will you have help at all?

gracelkw

Hi all mummies, after suffering for 20hrs, my little prince finally here!!! Baby's weight 3.36kg. I take epidural push for 1hrs plus baby head still not down so Dr use vacuum to helping suck out my baby...

joasiss

gracelkw:714110 said:
Hi all mummies, after suffering for 20hrs, my little prince finally here!!! Baby's weight 3.36kg. I take epidural push for 1hrs plus baby head still not down so Dr use vacuum to helping suck out my baby...
Congrats!!!

GG2012

Hi all,

I have been a silent reader in this thread. I actually living in New Zealand and my EDD is 6th Nov on a planned c-section. I really enjoy the open discussion and the experience you guys are sharing though I am gonna give birth in NZ. It is quite a different culture over here as you can imagine in a European country. So trying to absorb as much knowledge on the confinement, first time mum experience etc. I have added myself in the facebook thread as well:)
Yea, give birth at other country is not easy. Actually I'm not Singaporean, I came from HK. All my family members are in HK, parent-in-law will help me in confinement. Luckily the culture of 2 places are quite close. So Im very happy to join this group, meet all mummies here n sharing. :)
jiayou SGNZ~ share with us here ^^

GG, are your parents coming over?
SGNZ, its never easy in a different country.. hope you find the balance between cultures. r u getting a confinement nanny?

My mum is only coming down to see me for 2 weeks (i guess you cant get any closer than Malaysia). In laws are supportive and have been/will be with me for longer - though asian, indian and chinese culture still differs slightly

cant wait to see my boy - cant imagine how he would look!

Yea, give birth at other country is not easy. Actually I'm not Singaporean, I came from HK. All my family members are in HK, parent-in-law will help me in confinement. Luckily the culture of 2 places are quite close. So Im very happy to join this group, meet all mummies here n sharing. :)
jiayou SGNZ~ share with us here ^^