EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

huilee

Next one is this coming weekend Baby Expo 20-22 July.

Btw, I have signed up with Cordlife for my baby.

If anyone want to sign up with Cordlife at Baby Expo on Friday, 20 July 2012, I can refer you as a friend. We each can get $100 worth of shopping voucher.
Do email me at dizzyd3280@gmail.com if interested.
Have a good day.

Ibie

Yes i went for the baby Taka Fair today! Pretty crowded already on a weekday. I personally feel that there were more stalls compared to the motherhood fair the last time at expo. Strollers selling brands include Aprica, Combi, Maclaren, Nuna, Peg Perego, Bonbebe and Quinny. I haven Reli decided which bran to get yet, too many choices available. There were Avent and Pigeon booths. Saw many mummies buying the pigeon wipes refill in pack of 6 for $19.50. Medela booth is another popular booth where alot of people are buying the breast pumps. There were stalls near the pampers booth selling baby booties, mittens, hats, receiving blankets ranging from $2.90 - $12.90, which i tot was quite a good deal. If you are using baby cots, there is a stall selling baby bedding set which includes a full length bumper, comforter and fitted sheet for only $49.90 (usual selling at $109). Worth checking out the baby fair at Taka. I will be going to the Baby expo his Sunday to see any better offers, since the Taka fair will be until 5 Aug, still in time for last minute shopping.

Wahh ur baby will have learnt all the songs your students played by the time he is born! :)

Haha! I play piano spa music in my car so the timing is not fixed. Plus I teach piano to my students and my baby will respond to their playing at times. I guess that is sufficient enough for 胎教。:rolleyes:

I'm also undecided on the brand.. read that pigeon one is bigger so can put more bottles and pump parts at once. Avent more limited but looks better.
I saw pigeon multifunctional sterilizer having promo price of $95 at kiddy palace. It can sterilize and also warm bottles..

lyndi

Hello! Finally checking in. :) Am nature's friend and my EDD is in November too. 27 November actually and expecting my girl #2.

I was at the taka fair yesterday evening too, crowded but still bearable. Abit hard to go through some aisles cos some quite narrow especially with the sales people demo'ing and selling their stuff.

Actually not extremely cheap but we had vouchers, so it was worth it. For example the maxicosi carseat was the exact same price if we had decided to buy it direct from baby hypermart/ cheong choon. One upside is the freebies u can get which is a snail pail if u spend over $350 and a turtle pillow-racer thingy if u spend over $600.... So split or count your purchases correctly. Got one mummy in front of me was short of $100 to get the pillow-racer.

teriwinkle

Ibie:672401 said:
Yes i went for the baby Taka Fair today! Pretty crowded already on a weekday. I personally feel that there were more stalls compared to the motherhood fair the last time at expo. Strollers selling brands include Aprica, Combi, Maclaren, Nuna, Peg Perego, Bonbebe and Quinny. I haven Reli decided which bran to get yet, too many choices available. There were Avent and Pigeon booths. Saw many mummies buying the pigeon wipes refill in pack of 6 for $19.50. Medela booth is another popular booth where alot of people are buying the breast pumps. There were stalls near the pampers booth selling baby booties, mittens, hats, receiving blankets ranging from $2.90 - $12.90, which i tot was quite a good deal. If you are using baby cots, there is a stall selling baby bedding set which includes a full length bumper, comforter and fitted sheet for only $49.90 (usual selling at $109). Worth checking out the baby fair at Taka. I will be going to the Baby expo his Sunday to see any better offers, since the Taka fair will be until 5 Aug, still in time for last minute shopping.
I'm definitely going to look at the mittens, blankets and towels. And the bedding is really cheap, bought mine at $109. :(

teriwinkle

apricotgem:672435 said:
I'm also undecided on the brand.. read that pigeon one is bigger so can put more bottles and pump parts at once. Avent more limited but looks better.
I saw pigeon multifunctional sterilizer having promo price of $95 at kiddy palace. It can sterilize and also warm bottles..
I bought my pigeon multifunction sterilizer at $188 that comes in a bundle with 6 extra bottles, pacifier, wipes etc during motherhood expo fair in May. Didn't know the price would drop so much!

teriwinkle

2 Nov: Chaw – Boy
3 Nov: Ladynana - Boy
3 Nov: Teriwinkle – Girl
7 Nov: Shanney – Girl
10 Nov: Nature – Boy
11 Nov: Babyeskimo – Boy
15 Nov: Apricotgem - Girl
16 Nov: Lynnmun – Girl
17 Nov: Jesamine – Girl
20 Nov: Joasiss – Boy
22 Nov: Katherine - Boy
27 Nov: Ibie – Girl
27 Nov: Lyndi - Girl
2 Dec: Allele – Girl

Waiting for the rest of the mummies to get back to this thread. :)
Ryuichi - Boy
D0lphinz - Girl (Tentative)
MummyValerie - Boy
Gracelkw - Boy

teriwinkle

Is it true that when babies cry, we just need to replay the same music we have played for them while they are in the womb and they will stop crying?

babyeskimo:672409 said:
Wahh ur baby will have learnt all the songs your students played by the time he is born! :)

Haha! I play piano spa music in my car so the timing is not fixed. Plus I teach piano to my students and my baby will respond to their playing at times. I guess that is sufficient enough for 胎教。:rolleyes:

joasiss

I'll be going to the fair this afternoon. Anyone want me to help check out price of any specific item ? I'll try my best.

i am not sure... but my friend told me her firsthand experience - they were moving house and the guy setting up the sound system played some cartoon on tv for her son (9mths+) and he was still running around. she tested the sound by playing her favourite classical music and her son sat down, listened, and clapped when it ended!!

then she realized she used to listen to it when she was pregnant to soothe herself... so it should work at some point!

i realised i have collected 19 bibs (OMG!) including 5 more from Review & Discount: Loopy Loo's Snap & Scoop Bibs | Mummy's Reviews that i am collecting from ozzie when i get there end of month! oh noooooooooOOOOOOOO
anyone wants to buy some cute boy bibs? heeheee they are carters and all have cute words/prints - little prince, handsome like dad, daddys little driver, mummys mane man...

Is it true that when babies cry, we just need to replay the same music we have played for them while they are in the womb and they will stop crying?

Isaac1112

Ryuichi - Boy
MummyValerie - Boy
Gracelkw - Boy
Hi Teriwinkle,

Our baby boy's due on 02 Nov 2012. Nice job:Dancing_wub:

On the topic of music. I played my baby lullabies last night instead of the usual piano music and he kept kicking so I switched back to the piano music and he settled down for a while but did kick after the 3rd tune. Hubby said baby didn't like the lullabies...not sure true not. Tonight I try playing carpenters and see how

teriwinkle

Wow that's really amazing!

How much does the bibs cost? I already got mine all from Ikea, super cheap although they do not come in really cute designs!

babyeskimo:672605 said:
i am not sure... but my friend told me her firsthand experience - they were moving house and the guy setting up the sound system played some cartoon on tv for her son (9mths+) and he was still running around. she tested the sound by playing her favourite classical music and her son sat down, listened, and clapped when it ended!!

then she realized she used to listen to it when she was pregnant to soothe herself... so it should work at some point!

i realised i have collected 19 bibs (OMG!) including 5 more from Review & Discount: Loopy Loo's Snap & Scoop Bibs | Mummy's Reviews that i am collecting from ozzie when i get there end of month! oh noooooooooOOOOOOOO
anyone wants to buy some cute boy bibs? heeheee they are carters and all have cute words/prints - little prince, handsome like dad, daddys little driver, mummys mane man...

teriwinkle

2 Nov: Isaac1112 - Boy

Ryuichi - Boy
MummyValerie - Boy
Gracelkw - Boy

teriwinkle

I'm heading to taka fair now, can't wait for tomorrow, lol. Any stuffs you 2 bought?

Katherine57:672708 said:
I'm going to the taka fair now. Joaiss, maybe we'll see other other there! Hahha