EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Lingz12

felicity:696770 said:
sigh, i think the only way is to be able to tahan the fierce wailing and let baby try to latch until baby get used to it :/ i really try to stuff my aroela into her mouth while she wails... n she will bite n so painful n she cries n i cry too >< that time confinement both of us crying thru the night damn shag... now she latches on easier.. only when she's too tired yet refuse to sleep then will cry n fuss a lot at the breast. sometimes she will literally pause n freeze her actions, hands in mid air, eyes open, mouth open, motionless.. scare the hell out of me have to check her pulse make sure she's ok. she can stay motionless for a while then later "play" and continue.. think she too tired temporarily knock herself out.. anyone baby also like that?
But I can't tahan her wails.. Like I'm ill treating her.. Sobz.. For me wen she bites, it means she's latching on oredi.. So I rather she bites.. Though v painful la.. Esp now nipples like perpetually sore.. But most times now she got v frustrated cos she could not get a good suction I tink.. She will open her mouth and I stuff the aerola in but it will slip out of her mouth then she will wail and fuss and do her wayang with her hands.. And I have to keep repeating until she managed to get a good suction.. For my right nipple she jus dun even wan to try.. But wen I squeeze got milk leh.. Sighz.. Feel like gg on full-time expressing.. But I like it wen she latches.. Argh.. Dilemma.. :(

Rodorsany

Lings same tots... But eping is gg to b very.xiong... Just now finally managed latch her on...

I let her rest on my bed while i express... Coz i know nearing to her.feeding time i lock door so ils cant do anything... I keep singing n praising bb for being able to latch on... Though painful but at least she latch.on after multiple attempts... But seems like she's not full so supplement with ebm...
Let's jiayou i wanna try to b successful in latching her so night time easy also just push my boobs to her lol.. (my tots)

Rodorsany

felicity:696748 said:
Oh n ytd a friend who visited.. Her gal around 2 years old.. she said dun need be too persistent if need to feed a bit fm just feed.. She said she has been v persistent n hv to fight her mil (finally her own flat coming end of this year) who everytime hear bb cries say need to make fm for bb n my friend die die want tbf.. She said she had a hard time and v stressed n now looking back.. Maybe dun hv to be do hard on herself, n told me just relax, hv milk feed, not enough just supplement dun be so harsh on myself.. So just to share, from an experienced mummy.. Haha..
I know... I've been supplementing with fm... 1 day she will take abt 2~3 feeds of fm depending on my supply..

Sum how my pump cant seem to pump very well.... Hmmmm too big e boobs e issue??!!!!

purpur

Hi mummies,

Actually wat is e difference between latching directly n pumping out using bottle feed bm ??

Is it bcos latching will produce more bm compare to pumping ??

lizzy2101

Hi mummies,

Actually wat is e difference between latching directly n pumping out using bottle feed bm ??

Is it bcos latching will produce more bm compare to pumping ??
No difference pur in my opinion, they said latching can make your milk supply more but in my case my milk supply slow...

Rodorsany

Pur not much diff... Just latching on helps to bond even further... Both latching n ebm are same milk.. Same nutrients

My supply low too...

Anyway jiayou! Nothing wrong with inducing... My #1also induced...

Lingz12

Purpur, not much difference between latching and expressing.. Like they say latching the feeling is different.. The bond is different.. Plus latch dun need to wash and sterilize pump parts and bottles! Haha.. :D

Anyway dun worry about being induced.. My girl's oso induced.. We are both fine! Jia you! :D

sapphire

Anyway, i going for inducing this coming wed .. :(
Same here purpur... if mine doesn't come out by Sat, Doc has given ultimatum to get him out liao...... mine is still happily playing inside, guess it is too comfy already, since on checking, doc says water level is good... he seems to be really happy, being that his heartbeat readings from CTG is also good!! :err: Geesh.... while the mummy is worrying this little one is enjoying his time inside.................

sapphire

O Mummies.. hearing ur frustration on bf-ing is making me worried too... Me own mum is not a fan of bf too... prefers fm... haiz... i have even resorted to seeking help from MAH parentcraft to see if they can talk to her about the benefits of bf... to her fm is more nutritional and better for baby.... how untrue.... oh how worrying this is.... i do hope baby will not be too demanding n cry too much else she will blame it all on bf!!! n then we will just giv up n surrender to fm..... **stress even before delivery!!!!!**

yeoymp

hi mummies,

how much milk needed for 10days old baby, currently latch on if possible. otherwise, ebm in 60ml. is it alright?

purpur

Thanks mummies for the assurance .. Cos I think I will do a easy way out .. pump out rather then latching .. much more faster :p

By the way if latch too much , will our nipples become more ugly ( color even darker n nipples longer ) ?? Pardon me for my silly qns .. :eek:

Lingz12

yeoymp:696920 said:
hi mummies,

how much milk needed for 10days old baby, currently latch on if possible. otherwise, ebm in 60ml. is it alright?
My bb 2 weeks old and I'm feeding her EBM 60ml too.. She is taking it well currently.. :D

Rodorsany

Lingz12:696934 said:
yeoymp:696920 said:
hi mummies,

My bb 2 weeks old and I'm feeding her EBM 60ml too.. She is taking it well currently.. :D
Mine too 60ml... But i'm grad increasing coz she seemed hungry faster.... Well with fm as well since my supply stagnant... :-@

reiann

Thanks mummies for the assurance .. Cos I think I will do a easy way out .. pump out rather then latching .. much more faster :p

By the way if latch too much , will our nipples become more ugly ( color even darker n nipples longer ) ?? Pardon me for my silly qns .. :eek:
nothing wrong with pumping and feeding breast milk from the bottle, but latching is always best if you can. the bond is incredible, and you don't have to worry about bottle parts etc sterilizing them. but I'll be pumping soon enough.. but would still latch if possible! my baby is latching on well now, but I'd like others to be involved in the feeding too.

reiann

O Mummies.. hearing your frustration on bf-ing is making me worried too... Me own mum is not a fan of bf too... prefers fm... sigh... i have even resorted to seeking help from MAH parentcraft to see if they can talk to her about the benefits of bf... to her fm is more nutritional and better for baby.... how untrue.... oh how worrying this is.... i do hope baby will not be too demanding n cry too much else she will blame it all on bf!!! n then we will just give up n surrender to fm..... **stress even before delivery!!!!!**
haha why is it that our parents are so into formula?! those milk companies - especially Nestle! - must have done a great job advertising/convincing them that formula is better than bm! incredible.

sapphire: doy ou live with your mum? if not, just ignore her then!

yeoymp

thanks lingz and rodorsany,

my cl keep ask me to increase to 70 and 80ml....but i worried it wil be too much for him. And if cant finish waste my ebm.

Rodorsany

yeoymp:696970 said:
thanks lingz and rodorsany,

my cl keep ask me to increase to 70 and 80ml....but i worried it wil be too much for him. And if cant finish waste my ebm.
U can gauge... Coz if e usual vol bb gets hungry faster.. Prob need to increase ad bb growing...