EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

felicity

*vent* hubby just called say may not be coming home cos gg chalet now with his colleagues?! N if drink cannot drive will spend the night in chalet... Zzz I wanted to complain to him abt fil one... Sianz *end vent*

Actually so far I nv gauge how much bb drinks.. My ebm packed in various volumes we just give the whole packet.. If bb still wants I latch again..

purpur

Felicity, I believe ur gal sleep wif u right, u knw roughly e time ur fil will come back ?? Faster close ur bedroom door act as if u n ur gal already sleeping.. so he won't go n disturbed . No choice leaving wif in laws is really a pain at times .. me 2 praying hard for my bto to complete soon .

Piglim

Haiz... I wonder how those old folks can handle so many kids in e past. Or mayb they just hv e heck care attitude? Bb cry let then cry? My CL left yest. Hubby n I so sad cos after spending 28 days with her also got sentimental feelings.. She's very nice n u can see e passion of taking care of bbs in her blood. :( wish can extend her but I know it can't b a long term solution.

After CL left, mil n I were sooo busy w e bb. It was like an amazing race-us rushing out shower meals... Etc. CL just has her way to make bb slp but bb just cant fall into deep slp in our arms.. Think those w/o CL, really peifu u.. Just 1 day n my whole back is aching... Mil can't handle bb alone.. I think once I go work it'll b damn xiong.. If I hv to stay awake till 2am like yest then after tat let her take over e shift n then now at 7:30am I m pumpin n takin over e morning shift think can collapse anytime.. Wah I think hor see like this alrdy also dunno how to hv #2... So much work behind hving n taking care of bb..

yeoymp

Rodorsany:696972 said:
yeoymp:696970 said:
thanks lingz and rodorsany,

my cl keep ask me to increase to 70 and 80ml....but i worried it wil be too much for him. And if cant finish waste my ebm.
U can gauge... Coz if e usual vol bb gets hungry faster.. Prob need to increase ad bb growing...

if after latch bb still crying for milk, difficult to gauge......

when u guys pump, straightaway store under freezer or fridge? coz fridge has to consume within 48hours, but if bb latching well why shld i use ebm then? anybody know can move e ebm from fridge to freezer after 1day? will it affect the expiry date?

Rodorsany

yeoymp:697083 said:
Rodorsany:696972 said:
yeoymp:696970 said:
thanks lingz and rodorsany,

my cl keep ask me to increase to 70 and 80ml....but i worried it wil be too much for him. And if cant finish waste my ebm.
U can gauge... Coz if e usual vol bb gets hungry faster.. Prob need to increase ad bb growing...

when u guys pump, straightaway store under freezer or fridge? coz fridge has to consume within 48hours, but if bb latching well why shld i use ebm then? anybody know can move e ebm from fridge to freezer after 1day? will it affect the expiry date?
I store in fridge.. I dun hv that much milk will used up within e.day..

mummynista

I usually just leave it outside if I am feeding within the next 5-6hours and keep the rest in the fridge. My 2 week old is good with drinking room temperature EBM, doesn't like it when I warm it. Below is as advised from babycentre:

You can store your breastmilk to keep it fresh for your baby in a number of ways:

• At room temperature (no more than 25 degrees C) for up to six hours.
  • In a cold box with ice packs for up to 24 hours.
  • In a fridge (at four degrees C or colder) for up to five days.
  • In a fridge’s freezer compartment for two weeks.
  • In a home freezer (at -18 degrees C or lower) for up to six months.

Read more: Storing breastmilk | BabyCenter Singapore

Lingz12

Any mummies using Avent steriliser? I have been using for 2 weeks.. Just noticed that there are some stains on the metal plate at the bottom.. How do u all descale the steriliser?

mummynista

I'm also using the avent steriliser for about a week, noticed the stains too. There are two packets of descaler that came with it, have yet to try. Will try it later and update!

Lingz12

mummynista:697220 said:
I'm also using the avent steriliser for about a week, noticed the stains too. There are two packets of descaler that came with it, have yet to try. Will try it later and update!
Are there? Why mine dun have? Sobz.. :(

YUKIYOYO

Be prepared to see changes to your nipples after u stopped breastfeeding. Nipples shape & size will become bigger & longer regardless whether u latch or use pump. Breasts will also shrink in size:(

Rodorsany

Piglim:697081 said:
Haiz... I wonder how those old folks can handle so many kids in e past. Or mayb they just hv e heck care attitude? Bb cry let then cry? My CL left yest. Hubby n I so sad cos after spending 28 days with her also got sentimental feelings.. She's very nice n u can see e passion of taking care of bbs in her blood. :( wish can extend her but I know it can't b a long term solution.

After CL left, mil n I were sooo busy w e bb. It was like an amazing race-us rushing out shower meals... Etc. CL just has her way to make bb slp but bb just cant fall into deep slp in our arms.. Think those w/o CL, really peifu u.. Just 1 day n my whole back is aching... Mil can't handle bb alone.. I think once I go work it'll b damn xiong.. If I hv to stay awake till 2am like yest then after tat let her take over e shift n then now at 7:30am I m pumpin n takin over e morning shift think can collapse anytime.. Wah I think hor see like this alrdy also dunno how to hv #2... So much work behind hving n taking care of bb..
Piglim u will slowly get used to bb cues n nb will get used to you too... Slowly will do it... Its tough... Like me #2 now... Damn xiong but at least bb slowly getting use to us... She's like an owl at night so alert!!!! :eek:

Piglim

Thanks rosorsany.. Think u were alrdy prepared before going for #2? Guess tats motherhood! Really... After being a mom it makes u more appreciative of ur own mother... Now I know e true meaning of "世上只有妈妈好"song... Haha.. But I think e new generation daddies r just as sacrificial.

Uttmama

Piglim:697081 said:

Piglim u will slowly get used to bb cues n nb will get used to you too... Slowly will do it... Its tough... Like me #2 now... Damn xiong but at least bb slowly getting use to us... She's like an owl at night so alert!!!! :eek:

I am also having lotsa qualms about having #2, right now it seems a very scary thought. I have been sleeping on a sofa bed in my bb nursery since we got back and night time is horrible as he latches for an extended period of time. Yesterday I was bfing from 2-5am with intervals in between that ranged from 15-30mins (at times he seemed to fall asleep nursing and I would move him to his cot, but he end up crying for milk again). I wonder if this would ever get better??? I am not sure how long I can last if it goes on like this. At this juncture, it even seem impossible to get him out of the house as he spend every waking hour wanting to latch on, and the session usually last from 45mins to hours. Are you guys still sharing the same bed as your hubby?

Are bb on formula easier to handle?

Rodorsany

Uttmama, fm definitely easier way out.. My #1 stopped bm after 5 weeks... Even i pump she just simply dun drink.. Supply dun really kick in...

#2 still suckle n drink... I love latching bb on e intimacy e bond is very rewarding.. Even u bf only a short while u did e best.

This time round im more into bf... So even ultimately eping i will try my best... Am still supplementing with fm coz flow slow.. N these 2 days dropped like mad... I will still try to latch... My #1 very udsg.. She knows i need to pump milk for meimei... ;-)

reiann

I am also having lotsa qualms about having #2, right now it seems a very scary thought. I have been sleeping on a sofa bed in my bb nursery since we got back and night time is horrible as he latches for an extended period of time. Yesterday I was bfing from 2-5am with intervals in between that ranged from 15-30mins (at times he seemed to fall asleep nursing and I would move him to his cot, but he end up crying for milk again). I wonder if this would ever get better??? I am not sure how long I can last if it goes on like this. At this juncture, it even seem impossible to get him out of the house as he spend every waking hour wanting to latch on, and the session usually last from 45mins to hours. Are you guys still sharing the same bed as your hubby?

Are bb on formula easier to handle?

Wow. That's hardcore. I'm breast feeding too but my baby isn't as naughty! The worst was a 1.5 hour gap but these days it's at least 2 hours ( from time of last finished bf to start of new session). On average it's about 3 plus hours.

I sleep in a diff room from husband as he has to work... No point disturbing him.