EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Kary2500

Felicity - I felt the same yday, I was do heart broken and upset to see my baby all crying. And when I put her nose drops for her cold she was so uncomfortable and I started crying so much, cos I couldn't bear to see her like that.. My hubby knew that baby was crying and the baby monitor was also turned on and he still didn't bother to come in, it seemed like him winning matches on his FIFA were more important.. Though he is sometimes really helpful with the baby and considerate, but it's so easy for him to get tuned into his game and shut off everythig else around him.

I totally agree that we mommies are independent and that's why all babies are closer to us and feel more comforted with us.

reiann

Good for you Lingz! Really envious. My baby has been having lots of reflux at night so the last feeding turns into feed fest and yesterday she threw up and by the time we were done it was 1am :( she woke at 6.30.. But lots
of grunting at 5.30 sigh :(

Lizzy: so you mean after the second hep b immunization, you're not havin any other vacc for your baby till 3 years?

Felicity: sorry to hear :( why did yOur husband want a kid then? Sorry ah but his attitude sucks. My husban iis not as bad but even then he, like kary's husband, can also just tune out in front of tv. Why not just spend the time talking to me?? Been nursing baby in silence the eentire day and it d be so nice to have somebody to chat with when he's back! But no he would just zone out in front of Telly. Sigh

erlina040

Felicity, don't cry. Sometimes, baby is fussy and can sense out frustration too. Don't worry, ultimately, they still prefer mummies. My baby is also like that. Morning only prefer mil which at first I was affected, but, thinking about it, not so bad, when I go back to work. But, at night, no one can coax her to sleep beside me. I feel that I've pampered her too much coz I always rock her to sleep and that's why she is very dependent on me.

Anyway, went back pd for her one month checkup, she has eczema. Always tot she has milk rashes or acne outbreak. Poor baby, she must b always feeling very itchy and that's why even people carry her, she will still cry. Have to change her fm and shower bath.

felicity

Thanks ladies..

Yup need to be independent.. I've been doing everything myself actually so I didn't really care if I hv to take care of bb alone but I hope my hubby can take on a more active role in parenting... Afterall bb will grow up v fast, just hope he didn't miss out much. He wanted a bb so bad b4 but now?! Sigh... He think his wife is wonderwoman...

Lingz hope bb can always sleep thru the night so u get to rest :) my bb v similar.. In day hardly slp, slp also only like 15 min.. But at night she can slp v well... After lots of crankiness though.

purpur jiayou! :)

Rodorsany thanks :)

Kary yup... We can cope.. But I was just v emo seeing bb crying so badly. Sigh... Hope our babies get well soon!! For mine, the 6-in-1 jab is 2 mths, 4 mths n 6 mths... Every 2 mths.

Thanks erlina n reiann... Yup bb v sticky to me actually. This morning I was out n mil took care... She had a hard time n bb drank little ebm.. Bb keep wanting ppl to carry... Guess I pampered her too, together with both sets of grandparents.

justamom

Felicity.. I feel the same w u too..Cos my hubby same comes bk from work then watch tv play w bb n goes to zzz early when he's tired..n I'm whole night nv zzz enough n didn't naps..bb grunts n hubby wakes up easily.. sometimes I feel lost n alone too and if bb gets real cranky..I goes mad...n nearly breakdown..

reiann

Sigh. I think my baby has colic too. I controllable crying. Every night now at 9plus pm. She's been crying for almost an hour. SSo loudly, so angrily. Sigh. How? What can I do? Help!!!! :( :( :(

meltie

hey reiann and justamom.. i truly understand.. i've been fighting this colic for day 6 now.. have been in and put, super tired and have not been reating much.. my bb's colic is on-off.. some days she cries uncontrollably from 7-9pm and 11-1am.. some days 6-9pm and 2am.. the day before was 7pm-1am... thank God yesterday was lesser..

I'm using Ridwind that i took from PD from last check up (before colic turned up). Doc ask me to feed 0.5ml every other feed. Seems to be slightly better...

I've tried and exhausted most methods of soothing (except bringing her out for walk or car drive). Have you tried rocking side to side, doing half squats, placing in a vibration bouncer, playing white noise (switching on tv to a non-channel or just find white nouse for colic on youtube), play her soothing music, lie her down flat once in awhile (she actually calms down for awhile), hug her tight tight clasping the legs under ur arms, lay her down on her tummy on ur lap, pat her over your shoulders.. Also we massage her almost evety diaper change, with ruyi oil on the tummy (stroke downwards, stroke 10o'clpck to 5 o'clock around belly button clockwise, pedal her legs, lift knees to chest hold for 8 secs and release by shaking her legs)... just gotta try and try.. i tried my best not to latch her which soothes her alot but i experience overfeeding n reflux after that... though when most things fail i latch her till she half aslp.. but sometimes she's wail again after unlatch..

I can't handle the wailing alone at night.. can drive me crazy as i can't bear to hear her cry.. i told my hubby to stay home in the evenings as he is more calm and can share the load to carry the bb.. yesterday i told him to carry bb out of room to walk in living room and i shut off to slp... had to bury my ears into my pillow and just forget abt the crying for awhile... :/ I hate to see her cry until cannot breathe, voice sore and nerves all bulging out of her face.. rashes all full blown... :( But i tell myself its part and parcel of a baby to get colic.. just hope it will pass soon.. trying to be numb to her 'end-of-the-world' wailing... just have a break from it ..

reiann

Thank you do much, meltie.. Yes indeed it's end of the world wailing. Yes.. Heart breaking and frustrating and puzzlement and why??? All roll into one during yesterday's spell. I hope it won't repeat itself. Yesterday was the first time she cried like that. Usually she fusses on and off with some crying but not that bad. Sigh.

I asked my cousin whose first born was very colicky. She said it began at 1 month till one year old!!!! But her baby was especially bad. I wonder when mine would stop.

felicity

Yup I guess I've always been wrong... Wat a clueless mother... My bb has been wailing for 1-2 hrs at night n I just think that she's tired because that's wat my mil said... But recently her inconsolable trying-to-bring-the-hse-down wailing is getting worse, screaming till hoarse n really breaking my heart... Furthermore some nights, like last night, I know she's hungry as her last feed was a couple of hrs ago, she cries aiming at the breast but when I give it to her she just continue wailing inconsolably with her mouth on the nipple but not suckling at all... :( until eventually, maybe an hr later n after she tires herself out, fell aslp for a moment n wakes up shortly after due to hunger, n will suckle super hungrily n furiously... So heartpain :/ time to give my bb the probiotics regularly... Hope it will help her...

meltie

Hmm seems like colic is quite common in babies? Jiayou mummies! I guess after afew days of these cries, i have settled much into it.. just gotta close one eye...

my mil says shouldn't let her cry so much, take in more wind and damage lungs too.. not sure how true.. she even blame it on my ebm that i keep in fridge.. she say shouldn't feed baby fridge stuff.. not fresh, will get stomachache.. blah blah.. neway, i dumped about 300ml of ebm yesterday coz past 2 days liao and i did not manage to use ebm as baby was crying frantically.. i latch easier...

Yesterday i was so tired and was confused if it was hunger cry or colic cry.. or mixture.. so just latch... (maybe if your bb has a more regular feeding schedule, might be clearer). But my bb reflux n puke alot.. not sure if shems hungry, plus cry non stop till my mind's blank.. just let her bite n chew my nipples.. :( recently she's very fierce... poor girl..

I also read that maybe eliminating some foods frm our diet helps? I tried not to take peas, onions, garlic, milk, spicy stuff, pepper, etc (but i still eating nutella for breakfast). Actually i do feel quite gassy too.. maybe i'm still eating gas-producing stuff.. Not sure if there's anything that's causing colic in my bb...

Most babies have colic from week 3, some start later.. most ppl say they will get better at 3 months.... for now, i pray and hope my bb gets relieved with the ridwind and maybe i'll ask PD for more medication that help.. her next appointment is 2nd Nov.. still a week away... :/

Jiayou mummies.. we're tougher than we think we are... all the best in soothing our little ones!

justamom

What can we do if bb I'd suspected to have colic n doesn't wana latch on? My bb is wailing n wailing n wailing.. I c also will cry n wondering am I Nt feeding him enough or Nt..I Duno whether Shd give in to bottle..but hubby told me Nt to...

meltie

Sigh my baby is wailing now.. colic so early today..

I just changed her diaper and found tiny streaks of blood in her poo... guess she may have strained too hard to make an explosive poop.. took some pics.. probably monitor awhile and show PD at next fri's visit.. hope its nothing much...

Anyone going for Baby Expo these 3 days? http://static1.singapore-promotions.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Baby-Expo-24-Oct-2012.jpg

I wonder if i should get my hubby to go and take a look, maybe get a playpen...

reiann

Yup my baby also started crying and fussing early today too! Meltie!! She started fussing at about 2.30! I wonder if it's linked to gas and reflux? But felicity baby doesn't throw up, does she?

linl1n84

My bb is also wailing hard today. Fed at 530pm, cry loudly at 630, thought due to poo, but after change diaper still cry.. Now feeding her.. Hopefully she is ok.. I touched her stomach a bit hard though :(

justamom

Did u mummies buy rid wind to feed on bb yet? My bb is 4wks old..can already consume?? hope tonight he can get thru the night..