EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

meltie

hey justamom, yes doc prescribed ridwind at 3 weeks.. hmm so far i feeding her every other feed.. hmm doesn't seem to work...

Sigh.. bb has been slipping in and out of wailing.. just wailed like mad.. and suddenly her voice turned hoarse and high pitch scream... wah my heartaches even more.. cry until throat pain liao.. ahe just refuse to stop.. i latched her earlier at 6pm-7pm.. just latched her again coz her scream is really terribly wrong.. sigh.. just unlatched and she's wailing like crazy again.. really dunno what to do.. my hubby says either we switch to formula or start pacifier... :(

Kary2500

I feel for all of you with your babies crying cos of colic.. Its terrible to see our babies in pain :( My pd had subscribed pro biotic drops (its called progaia) for my baby, though hers was more cos I told him she has trouble pooin sometimes.. But it's for colic too so you can try if that works for ur babies.

My baby is still sick, she cries so much and I just don't know how to help with her breathing.. Tried the nose cleaner but it works only sometimes,.. Each time I put the drops in her nose or use the spray she cries so bitterly. And because she's got a cough and a cold sometimes she wants to cry but is just not able to and she's all struggling :( I think henceforth I will just be extra careful with my baby.. My mil thinks that it's cos of somethig I ate that made her sick now am feeling even more terrible :(

Kary2500

Meltie - there's no harm in giving ur baby formula, but since ur baby throws up quite a lot when on your bm, formula is harder to digest so u will need to keep her up for a really long time to help with digestion. My baby has vomitted quite a few times when we've given her formula. But I still stick to giving it to her once a day, but need to ensure that she does not sleep atleast for half an hour minimum just so that it stays inside..

felicity

Yup kary my bb was prescribed the progaia probiotics too... There's another med which doc says use only if colic v serious... So far I haven't used it yet, hoping she'll be better after probiotics. Hope ur bb gets well soon too!

reiann yup my bb seldom throw up... Seems like she doesn't hv much reflux issue...

I was at my parents place n she was cranky for sometime, even when I tried to latch... Then i applied ruyi oil for her n rub rub her tummy then just cuddle her... After sometime she managed to latch n then finally fell aslp, now on the way home, slping in the car n I really hope she's feeling better...

Let's all jiayou for our babies, and they will jiayou too!

reiann

I haven't got any other thing except gripe water but haven't used it yet. so far baby ok - but she did cry on/off at 2.30pm till 5pm, but slept a bit here and there. so far now she seems fine.. but.. it's not yet 11pm... sigh..

meltie

hey felicity, what is the medicine for the serious colic? sigh i'm thinking of bringing my girl to see PD tomorrow morning.. gonna be a crazy queue but i'm just gonna walk in for consult.. coz my bb has just gone abit crazy crying.. super zoned out...

My bb started wailing from 6pm till now still crying! On and off coaxed her to calm down for awhile like 10mins.. but after that she is back to her wailing.. her voice broke at 7plus just now.. and since her voice is v v unstable, losing her voice yet still crying v v hard... i latched her hourly, calm her down abit for 10-15mins, but she drank like mad without breathing ... after that she cried again! Tonight is considered the worse colic night ao far.. and i pray it can stop just right now! My hubby's back is breaking and my nipples are sore w her biting, breast feeling some nerve pain... maybe she sucked too hard...

I'm trying to hang on... :(

linl1n84

Btw have u all passed ur confinement period? My bb gal was born on oct 1. Wondering after 4th week will baby sleep lesser? And since majority of mummies here breast feed, do u notice green poo on ur bb?

yuen6

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. My baby girl was born in sept too, and it is interesting to read about your experiences.. Especially about baby spitting up. My girl spits up a lot too, but I think it's more a laundry problem since she is gaining weight and having lots of dirty diapers.

Reiann, seems like we have similar experience with our babies in terms of the spitting up and baby's routine and schedule. The only thing I have trouble with is the wake time. Can't seem to keep my girl up for wake time during some parts of the day as she falls asleep during feeding.

Btw, has any of you tried breastfeeding in public?

justamom

Meltie..try massaging bb twice at least per day..maybe aft shower n cleanup..it does help at least for me..he's less cranky yesterday aft I tried.. let's hope they get better.. I was also dead beat when he keeps wanting to feed from 10-1am...finally zzz at 2+

felicity

hi yuen, the closest i've tried to breastfeeding in public is breastfeeding in my hubby's car... travelling on public roads... ermm, can count? :p

my doc (gp) gave me the biogaia probiotic drops and debridat suspension... i haven't given her the debridat suspension yet as doc says only if it's really bad. the label printed by clinic says for stomach wind, take 0.5ml up to 3 times a day when necessary.

Lingz12

Me oso.. The closest I get to breastfeeding outside house is in hubby's car.. Now I go everywhere with my nursing cover just in case..

Not sure about gripe water.. My SIL was saying infacol is good for expelling tummy wind too.. She said her PD prescribed that for her kid last time and is available in pharmacy.. I din dare buy and try on bb without PD's prescription and advice though..

Bb's reflux problem is still there on and off.. I try to keep her upright at least 30min after her feed and burp.. If she doesn't burp, I keep her upright longer.. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.. Sighz.. I wonder how long this reflux thing is going to stick around..

felicity

yup i bring my nursing cover everywhere i go too... it's always in the diaper bag... but so far outside hse is breastfeeding in hubby's car or once in nursing room... so haven't used in public. but hv used at home when i wanna watch tv XD then i feed bb in living room w the nursing cover, and take it as practice as well, but bb will keep struggling cos it's v hot. hopefully if in malls etc w aircon she won't move so much under the nursing cover..

yuen6

Hi felicity and lingz, I also use a nursing cover but find that it is not so easy to latch baby when u have to ensure that the nursing cover covers the right places. So far I've tried nursing in public twice, turned out ok because the places are not crowded.. Think it could be a different experience if I'm at a crowded place and become more self conscious. Perhaps I need to practice more :biggrin:

Rodorsany

Gripewater i only used to clean bb's tongue...

I've nurse bb twice on bus... Lol we dun drive n suddenly bb wants... Bobian once with sling once in nursing cover... So adventurous!!! Nurse once in mothercare nursing room... No door henceforth hb jaga all e while

Lingz12

Wow Rodorsany, u power leh! I nurse in hubby car oredi feel v tough le.. U still nurse on bus? So li hai! I find it so hard to latch bb under the nursing cover so have to keep pulling the nursing cover away from me to peep in and guide bb to nipple.. If I do this on bus, I tink anybody sitting around me will have free show le.. Hahaha..

Keatbear

The nursing cover is most important to all of us now when we wanna go out... Hahaha

I believe our babies really have this instinct of finding our nipple/ breast...
I was nursing my baby in the car and had to quickly get out to go to our destination, while getting out, she was unlatch, but as I carry her, she found my nipple and continued... So I carried her, walk and she fed... Of cz all under the nursing cover... Hahahaha

Keatbear

Btw mummies, what can we do if we think baby is constipated? My girl has not poop for 3 days, but still pees a lot... But I can tell she is uncomfortable... Have tried the ru yi oil, massaged her, the leg rotation exercise, she only pass gas.. No poop...

Can't believe I'm saying this but I'm literally waiting for shit to happen... Hahaha

felicity

Haha yup when I sat in the car suddenly bb wants milk and just latch herself when I'm still covered in clothes n one big patch of saliva on my clothes >< then I quickly unzip n feed her... I didn't even use nursing cover in the car... Just pull out the upper flap of my nursing wear to cover my breast n her mouth so that ppl in vehicles like bus or lorry can't see when they look down... Sometimes I cover her head with a swaddle cos we always carry a swaddle w her when we go out as she's not dressed in long pants... We only have those shortsleeved n legless rompers... So if cold use swaddle to cover her legs...

Suspect bb having a sore throat :( since this morning she makes v deep n throaty sounds, unlike usual more chirpy sounds. N she will cough but sounds dry n not congested.. N she keeps wanting to latch a while on n off, probably throat too dry? :( hope it goes away soon... Sigh.

Mil also say she maybe teething soon. She say hubby started teething at going 3 months... So maybe she will too. Omg so fast?! Dun bite me when latching pls >< she started putting her hand in her mouth n when I give her pacifier instead she rejects, n my mil says from her poo can tell she may be teething soon (o_O)!!!