EDD September 2013 Mummies

raoow

Hi mummies.

Anyone gets crampy and sore feeling around the 24 weeks mark? I read that baby has a growth spurt then but just wanted to check if anyone else felt it.

raoow

Hi, sunbeams, I abt to conplete my antenatal class with tmc. As a ftm myself, I think it is essential. Always good to know what's coming when u r in labour n how ur partner can help u...when I hv d knowledge, I feel empowered n more confident on what to expect....my 2 cents worth...:)

Sunbeams:794574 said:
Mrsvistamio.. Where did u sign up the pre natal course? TMC? KKH? :)
Ooh! Then I better sign up for prenatal classes too. Was thinking that we can learn from the confinement nanny cos might forget by the time baby comes. LOL. But I guess the nanny will be the refresher!

skt

I am already my antenal class at Parkway East Hospital, very informative class which involves the husband too. I will reccommend first-time mum-to-be to join one at their delivery hospital, it helps to build up a little confidence in ourselves during the labour. :)

skt

Morn everyone!

skt n second time lucky - what brAnd of pampers u guys bought/ recommend? Just worried bb may not take a liking to what I buy! HAA..
today will be crowded at motherhood fair? Can't go too early coz got lunch wedding to attend n managed to find parking lots for those who went?
also, littlej, don't mind the contacts/names of those 2 u saw. Much appreciated! Thanks!
Sorry for my late reply.

I don't have any recommendation actually, but I remembered my bro was using Huggies when he was born so I actually bought 2 packs size S and 2 packs size M. Partly also attracted to the free toys. I didn't buy Newborn size because I personally feel it's of small cutting and during the first few months, I am using napkins on my newborn.

That said, I do read reviews about leakage from Huggies if the size is not right. Merries seem to be another popular brand.

skt

Has any mummies bought the milk pump? I do not want to spend too much on this. Thinking of getting a single electric pump, second hand set but worried about the hygiene where I heard even the motor which does the suction may be contaminated. I have shortlisted Medela, seems to be popular, and I thought can easily resell when I do not need it in future.

But Medela has got a few types, headache.

shuangyh

Has any mummies bought the milk pump? I do not want to spend too much on this. Thinking of getting a single electric pump, second hand set but worried about the hygiene where I heard even the motor which does the suction may be contaminated. I have shortlisted Medela, seems to be popular, and I thought can easily resell when I do not need it in future.

But Medela has got a few types, headache.
im thinking of buying the medela freestyle. saw it during the recent motherhood fair and it seems to be quite good. read some positive reviews online about it too. only thing is, price is very costly if purchased in SG. costs $799.

the other popular medela model is pump in style. i think that one prob not as good cause the motor is attached to the bagpack itself. im not very sure abt that pump cause we only enquired about the freestyle pump..

Sunbeams

Thanks mummies for advise on pre natal classes. I better start to book! Ha.. Tiring to do after work but it works better for us coz hubby needs to work on weekends too..unpredictable work schedule

i have bought medela free style pump as recommended by many pple n friends. Agree that new one is ex! So bought a second hand, local set with warranty. Coz I also not sure if I will have milk flow after birth of baby n Didnt dare to invest in $799 for the pump. But also understand that if u buy brand new set, can sell off for second hand too :)
depends on how we look at it too ;)
Btw.. Can buy the spare parts to replace the second hand pump. Those that come into contact with breast n milk.

Sunbeams

Heh. Understand.. When sometimes in the car.. Radio plays some upbeat song.. He kicks too! Ha...
n I think he responds a bit to my alarm clock as well!! Haa.. Quite cute I would say

huilee

Hallo....

Just to share with you... i have signed up for my baby's cord blood banking with Cordlife.

If anyone want to sign up with Cordlife during month of June 2013, I can refer you as a friend.
We each can get $150 worth of shopping vouchers.
Do email me at dizzyd3280@gmail.com or PM me if you are interested.
Thanks.

How do you mum feel about child raising? I just have some disagreement with Hb, realize that I m getting emo ..sigh..wonder how will it affect my bb:(

skt

mrsvistamio: woah, that's a sensitive topic between husband and wife. But definitely a must-talk before baby is out.

Maybe both of you can weigh the pros and cons together, like the distance of both both of your parents' place, childcare centres and cost? Not to forget the environment such as are your parents' place quiet? a good place to nurture the child? The behaviour of the grandparents like their habit, hygiene, and any movement difficulties?

For me, I am very particular about bad habit and behaviour. Kids pick up very fast and I definitely want to avoid as much as possible. Second in place will be the cost. Actually if both husband and wife are working, cost should not be a big problem as long as we did a calculation like how much to cater for this and that, minimizes luxury and materialistic expenditure, avoid overspending on branded baby stuff when we all know the baby will grow up fast, so what's the point of spending too much on some items just because they are cute and we can afford? why not save the money to provide a better educational learning environment for the baby right? :)

Problem is I m not working after birth so Hb propose to stay w in law n rent out our flat but my in law are super naggy, I can't face them all day. Then Hb propose I move back to stay w my mum n together w baby , while he stays with his parents , koaz..pissed me off ..