Tips for you..

maddie

Hmm...my stomach used to be always cold as I like to drink cold drinks. Not only that, my hands and feet are icy cold as well. So Dr Su says she needs to tiao my body and make sure that my tummy is warm so that my womb will be sticky. When my womb is warm, I dun have that much cramp during my menses. Also my hands and feet are warm too. That's how I know it is warm. Even Dr Su says so. Also, I am more alert coz I sleep better at night.

I feel hungry too and eat a lot.. And not as restless as in the past..

Maddie, how do you tell that the womb is warm???

Rainy2

Hi ladies,
Can advise what is Dr Su's consultation fees & herbal medicne costs? How frequent do u need to see her?

zaclin29

Hi ladies,
Can advise what is Dr Su's consultation fees & herbal medicne costs? How frequent do u need to see her?

Hi Rainy2,

The consultantation & meds cost $22 per visit.
You need to visit her every fortnightly.
Probably 1 wk after 1st visit & fortnightly thereafter.

Rainy2

Hi Rainy2,

The consultantation & meds cost $22 per visit.
You need to visit her every fortnightly.
Probably 1 wk after 1st visit & fortnightly thereafter.
Thks, Zaclin!
May i know is the medicine in powder form or tablets or liquid? When should we make our 1st visit to see Dr Su?
Her price sounds reasonable, compared to Eu Yan Seng. Will she do accupuncture for us if we trying to conceive?

maddie

Hi Rainy2,

The medicine is in powder form and is taken after meals, 2 times per day. The medicine can last for a week. First visit to Dr. Su you have to tell her your condition and let her feel your pulse. I think the consultation and med cost is very cheap, compared to other chinese medicine halls. So far Dr. Su never do acupuncture for me although I requested for it.
I think it is based on individual's body and health.

Thks, Zaclin!
May i know is the medicine in powder form or tablets or liquid? When should we make our 1st visit to see Dr Su?
Her price sounds reasonable, compared to Eu Yan Seng. Will she do accupuncture for us if we trying to conceive?

Rainy2

Maddie, this for the info.
Shld I see Dr Su when my menses is here? Thought of seeing her this wkend, though my menses not here yet.
I agree that her fees are quite cheap. But for Eu Yan Seng, I heard they r expensive cos their medicines r of high grade & of cos bcos they r listed co.

Hi Rainy2,

The medicine is in powder form and is taken after meals, 2 times per day. The medicine can last for a week. First visit to Dr. Su you have to tell her your condition and let her feel your pulse. I think the consultation and med cost is very cheap, compared to other chinese medicine halls. So far Dr. Su never do acupuncture for me although I requested for it.
I think it is based on individual's body and health.

zaclin29

Thks, Zaclin!
Hi Rainy2,

Guess it varies for each individual... for me i took the med once a day...
and my first visit was on the first few days of menses.... but i think u can go anytime of the month....

as maddie mentioned, acupunture is not necessary... so far, have not heard of anyone whom she asked to do acupunture for trying to conceive....

maddie

Dear Rainy2,

It is not necessary to see her when your menses come. You can see her even when your menses is not here as yet. I visited her for a couple of times already and am doing good with her medicine, except its a bit bitter. =) Yes. Eu Yan Sang is a listed company. Hence, their medicine is of some quality and that their charges are not cheap either though a lot of people still go and see them for ailments. Of course, after visiting Dr. Su, you must heed her advice.
Let's say if you love drinking cold drinks (Just like me), have to control and try not to drink it. As cold drinks will make our tummy cold...not good. As a result, a lot of bad effects are happening in my womb.

Maddie, this for the info.
Shld I see Dr Su when my menses is here? Thought of seeing her this wkend, though my menses not here yet.
I agree that her fees are quite cheap. But for Eu Yan Seng, I heard they r expensive cos their medicines r of high grade & of cos bcos they r listed co.

maddie

Yah...Dr. Su says acupuncture is not necessary although I did ask her if there is a need to have that. She just says take her medicine and come timely to see her will do. A lot of people go and see her one. Guess she must be good.

Hi Rainy2,

Guess it varies for each individual... for me i took the med once a day...
and my first visit was on the first few days of menses.... but i think u can go anytime of the month....

as maddie mentioned, acupunture is not necessary... so far, have not heard of anyone whom she asked to do acupunture for trying to conceive....

Rainy2

Yo ladies. I decide to se Dr Su this Fri. my issue is hubby's swimmers r of low motility. he is now given supplements by the gyane but I hope Dr Su's medicine can help him also. for husband's med, is it abt $45 for a month supply???

we hv seen this famous TCM from AMK for past 2 mths. she will do acupuncture for us every visit but my hubby said not much effect so far. i guess TCM takes some time to see the effects. maybe we do not hv much patience...hehe

i've started to refrain from taking cold drinks several yrs ago cos i consulted a few TCMs in the past. for general health as I used to hv severe gastric prob, though no fertility prob. will Dr Su tell us to monitor our basal temp daily?

zaclin29

Yo ladies. I decide to se Dr Su this Fri. my issue is hubby's swimmers r of low motility. he is now given supplements by the gyane but I hope Dr Su's medicine can help him also. for husband's med, is it abt $45 for a month supply???

we hv seen this famous TCM from AMK for past 2 mths. she will do acupuncture for us every visit but my hubby said not much effect so far. i guess TCM takes some time to see the effects. maybe we do not hv much patience...hehe

i've started to refrain from taking cold drinks several yrs ago cos i consulted a few TCMs in the past. for general health as I used to hv severe gastric prob, though no fertility prob. will Dr Su tell us to monitor our basal temp daily?
Yes the med for hubby is $45 per month. Thats to "supercharge" the sperms (as Dr Su calls it)..

Have heard of the famous AMK TCM.. How long do couple normally have to take their med before conceiving? Guess u need to check out on this... I was with another TCM for 3 mths then I decided to switch simply because he refused to treat my hubby as he said the problem lies with me.. Although I have doctor's medical proof that I do not have any fertility issue & my hubby's sperm has low motality rate.

Anyway some TCM does take time to take effect...

No Dr Su doesnt ask us to take basal temp.. but I have been taking it for months so I just continue as per usual....
and sometimes she will ask what is my temp on certain days... and tell me how to "read" the temp change....
You dont need to start taking your basal temp but if u have it is better to continue when u are taking her med....

zoey

Yeah.. it depends on individual case.
For me.. i took medicine twice a day and my first visit to Dr.Su was on third day of my mense.
Then Dr. Su told me to starting taking her medicine on fifth day of my mense.
Medicine for my hubby is S$40. (Its for 25 days)
She didnt ask me to do any acupuncture and taking BBT chart.

zoey

I saw with another traditional chinese medicine doctor that was Ying Chuan at JE for 3 months before i see to Dr.Su.
That is recommended by my colleague from my office. My colleague got pregnant with that Ying Chuan Medicine.
But it was ten years ago.
For me.. there was no result with taking medicine for 3 months from Ying Chuan. (I also dont have much patience :p)
Now I feel comfortable and enjoy with Dr.Su treatment and her medical cost as well.. :)

Last edited:

Rainy2

Yes the med for hubby is $45 per month. Thats to "supercharge" the sperms (as Dr Su calls it)..

Have heard of the famous AMK traditional chinese medicine.. How long do couple normally have to take their med before conceiving? Guess you need to check out on this... I was with another traditional chinese medicine for 3 mths then I decided to switch simply because he refused to treat my hubby as he said the problem lies with me.. Although I have doctor's medical proof that I do not have any fertility issue & my hubby's sperm has low motality rate.

Anyway some traditional chinese medicine does take time to take effect...

No Dr Su doesnt ask us to take basal temp.. but I have been taking it for months so I just continue as per usual....
and sometimes she will ask what is my temp on certain days... and tell me how to "read" the temp change....
You dont need to start taking your basal temp but if you have it is better to continue when you are taking her med....
Zaclin, yr 'supercharge' term really inspires me to see Dr Su...kekeke

for the AMK TCM, it varies for different couples. we can't say for sure that all patients will take the same time period to conceive. really depends on individual body also. i heard some couple take half a yr, some 1 yr, some 1 mth etc with the AMK TCM. there is one couple who is childless after married for 12 yrs. but after seeing her for a yr, the wife got pregnant. I read from some forum that her med is the same as Eu Yan Seng leh. no wonder their packaging of the bottle is similar. apart this point, i'm not very comfortable with her acupunture. my hubby has to go weekly but for me, i only need to go 3 days before my ovulation day. though i hv no problems, she still prescribe medince to me. both parties hv to be in gd health bah in this baby-making plan. y i decide to swich is partly bcos I dislike CTE traffic. furthermore, i frequent BT Batok so Dr Su's place is more convenient for me though I stay in the East.

the TCM that u went before is really strange leh. wat prob did he say u hv? i guess TCM see things differently from Western doctors. like TCM will say we do not hv enough Qi & not enough blood circulation but Western doctors will not say such stuff lor. anyway glad that u manage to conceive so soon under Dr Su :)

I have started taking my basal temp ever since I start to see this AMK TCM. i find that this BBT chart is rather accurate. can roughly know when is our ovulation. like when my temp hits 36.8 degree, i will test for O & it's really my O day that day. if it's low then i will not waste my O kit...hehe

is it possible to hv ovulation when our temp is low? & if we r having flu, will it affect our ovulation too?

Rainy2

I saw with another traditional chinese medicine doctor that was Ying Chuan at JE for 3 months before i see to Dr.Su.
That is recommended by my colleague from my office. My colleague got pregnant with that Ying Chuan Medicine.
But it was ten years ago.
For me.. there was no result with taking medicine for 3 months from Ying Chuan. (I also dont have much patience :p)
Now I feel comfortable and enjoy with Dr.Su treatment and her medical cost as well.. :)
i read some bad reviews abt Ying Chuan from the internet. Is their costs expensive? but their queue is long, i heard. so maybe varies among couples again. like there is one famous TCM at Marine Parade. queue is super long. my hubby's cousin has seen him for more than a yr but still no results. but there r couples who conceive after seeing him few mths.

Zoey, hw long hv u been seeing Dr Su?

zoey

i read some bad reviews about Ying Chuan from the internet. Is their costs expensive? but their queue is long, i heard. so maybe varies among couples again. like there is one famous traditional chinese medicine at Marine Parade. queue is super long. my hubby's cousin has seen him for more than a yr but still no results. but there r couples who conceive after seeing him few mths.

Zoey, hw long have you been seeing Dr Su?

Hi Rainy

Compare with Dr.Su's medicine price, ying chuang is expensive.
I paid 200+ for one month medicine (for me & my hubby).
yeah... you have to go there early morning to get Q no. (especially for Sat. & Sun.) and you come back again there
if your q no. is quite far to wait.
I've been seeing Dr.Su about 3 weeks already.
I may go and see Dr.Su again on this friday or Saturday.
My med will finish soon on these days.

Last edited:

Rainy2

Hi Rainy

Compare with Dr.Su's medicine price, ying chuang is expensive.
I paid 200+ for one month medicine (for me & my hubby).
yeah... you have to go there early morning to get Q no. (especially for Sat. & Sun.) and you come back again there
if your q no. is quite far to wait.
I've been seeing Dr.Su about 3 weeks already.
I may go and see Dr.Su again on this friday or Saturday.
My med will finish soon on these days.

Zoey, 200+ for both husband & wife consider ok. I used to go Eu Yan Seng to tio my body for general health & it cost me about 200+, just myself alone. When my hubby used to go to the AMK TCM, he spent abt 300+ a mth for both acupunture & med. Eu Yan Seng med is gd but they increase their med cost from this yr onwards & that's y i thot of switching to cheaper tcm but can still yield gd results. high grade med may not work for everyone, depending on individual body again. so if i can find a gd & cheaper one, why not? :)

how is Dr Su's evening queue on Fri? can we call in to get queue no? i'm planning to go this Fri evening. sat & sun morn i usually can't make it cos doing part-time jobs. i notice her consultation hrs r rather short. like tues & thurs, she doesn't see patients in the afternoon.

zoey

Zoey, 200+ for both husband & wife consider ok. I used to go Eu Yan Seng to tio my body for general health & it cost me about 200+, just myself alone. When my hubby used to go to the AMK traditional chinese medicine, he spent about 300+ a month for both acupunture & med. Eu Yan Seng med is good but they increase their med cost from this yr onwards & that's y i thot of switching to cheaper traditional chinese medicine but can still yield good results. high grade med may not work for everyone, depending on individual body again. so if i can find a good & cheaper one, why not? :)

how is Dr Su's evening queue on Fri? can we call in to get queue no? i'm planning to go this Fri evening. sat & sun morn i usually can't make it cos doing part-time jobs. i notice her consultation hours r rather short. like tues & thurs, she doesn't see patients in the afternoon.
Yeah... Firstly i thought that 200+ cost is still worth to spend before i use Dr.Su's med.
I have never tried to Eu Yan Seng before.
Last two times visited to Dr.Su on friday was very long q. I waited for almost 1 hour to see Dr.Su after taken my q no.
But some members said you can make a call on the way and tell the lady from counter what time you can reach there and reserve the q no. for you.
But first time visitor cant reserve on the phone. You have to go down personally and fill up the form at the counter and take q no. on first time visit.

Rainy2

Yeah... Firstly i thought that 200+ cost is still worth to spend before i use Dr.Su's med.
I have never tried to Eu Yan Seng before.
Last two times visited to Dr.Su on friday was very long q. I waited for almost 1 hour to see Dr.Su after taken my q no.
But some members said you can make a call on the way and tell the lady from counter what time you can reach there and reserve the q no. for you.
But first time visitor cant reserve on the phone. You have to go down personally and fill up the form at the counter and take q no. on first time visit.
wow 1hr...lucky it's fri so can go hm late...hehe

zaclin29

Zaclin, yr 'supercharge' term really inspires me to see Dr Su...kekeke

for the AMK TCM, it varies for different couples. we can't say for sure that all patients will take the same time period to conceive. really depends on individual body also. i heard some couple take half a yr, some 1 yr, some 1 mth etc with the AMK TCM. there is one couple who is childless after married for 12 yrs. but after seeing her for a yr, the wife got pregnant. I read from some forum that her med is the same as Eu Yan Seng leh. no wonder their packaging of the bottle is similar. apart this point, i'm not very comfortable with her acupunture. my hubby has to go weekly but for me, i only need to go 3 days before my ovulation day. though i hv no problems, she still prescribe medince to me. both parties hv to be in gd health bah in this baby-making plan. y i decide to swich is partly bcos I dislike CTE traffic. furthermore, i frequent BT Batok so Dr Su's place is more convenient for me though I stay in the East.

the TCM that u went before is really strange leh. wat prob did he say u hv? i guess TCM see things differently from Western doctors. like TCM will say we do not hv enough Qi & not enough blood circulation but Western doctors will not say such stuff lor. anyway glad that u manage to conceive so soon under Dr Su :)

I have started taking my basal temp ever since I start to see this AMK TCM. i find that this BBT chart is rather accurate. can roughly know when is our ovulation. like when my temp hits 36.8 degree, i will test for O & it's really my O day that day. if it's low then i will not waste my O kit...hehe

is it possible to hv ovulation when our temp is low? & if we r having flu, will it affect our ovulation too?
The previous TCM didnt tell me what problem I have.. he's not as detailed as Dr Su.. He just checked my pulse then start prescribing me the herbs.. he doesnt tell me if im improving or something need to be improved... no explanation or whatever at all...
i was really pissed when he refused to even check my hubby... the final straw was when his staff chased me away because I was late and they are closing for lunch... (Supposed to close at 1pm & I was there at 12.40pm)... Their meds are more ex.. I spent $60 for 5 days of supply and have to go down every week... and i dont feel any diff at all....

I find that my BBT chart is not that accurate before I took Dr Su's med... and after taking her med, the chart looks more "normal" and predictable... yes if u are having flu or sick, it will affect yr temp but not sure if it will affect ur ovu...