We are TTC-ing!

Dragontail

Lynn, but then it also depends on your body pattern. For me I can have super faint opk that can suddenly turn dark the following day. But not hard to catch it because my cycles are regular. I attached an old pic of my opk.

Attachments

Lynn23

Hi Dragontail, I saw previously u posted yr opk n i saw there are 2 lines on top of the testing line but mine only one line.. im confused. Can I assume that if one line means negative n 2 lines means positive?

Mine was done on cd 15. The pink line is the control testing line rgt? Must my line be as thick n dark as the control line to determine a positive opk??

Dragontail

Lynn I don't understand on the part "2 lines on top of the testing line" (sounds like 3 lines in total). There should only be 2 lines.

Control line will always be there. The test line must be same darkness or even darker than the control line. Any thing fainter than the control is considered not positive.

Maqisa

Got a qns... any gals here get those white creamy discharge during those days when af due? Or suppose to be dry prior af?

Lynn23

Hi Maqisa,

I do get those white creamy discharge before af due. But mostly is yellow slippery discharge. During af, it will be gone.

Lynn23

Hi Dragontail,

Yes im referring to the one you posted on cd 14 opk. you notice there are 3 lines instead of 2 lines rgt?? Why is there an extra line on the right opk?( the one below the green patch). The control line is the one on the pink patch rgt? It will be fixed at that tone? so the one that turns pinkish is the line on the white patch but need to be same thickness or just turn as dark will do? you notice that my line is thinner than the control line?

Last edited:

Lynn23

Dragontail, I would like to clarify this issue. My menses came on 4th March. If I intend to do a progestrone blood test on the 21st day (ie 24th march) to see if ovulation occurs, this test is to confirm my last menses got ovulate ( ie 4th March) or to predict my future cycle??

Dragontail

Maq, I do get white discharge before AF sometimes. Just a little. But these days I spot ~3 days before AF. So such discharge can be mixed with brown spotting.

Dragontail

sopk.jpg

Control line will always be this thickness and tone/intensity. Test line usually will appear no matter which day of your cycle that you pee on it (so I read online); and it can be super faint and you can just ignore it as it doesnt mean anything.

The bottom opk on my cd14 has a darker test line. But it's still not a positive because it's not as dark, or darker, than the control line. But for me, this signals my positive is coming so I would just start to bd. I believe the next day I got a super dark test line aka positive opk. And yes, the thickness of the test line must be thereabout the same as the control line.

Lynn23

Oh I see..thks lots for yr detailed explanation. First time trial when my bbt went up to 36.5.

Dragontail, can u help me to ans my previous query regarding the progestrone test? Im a bit confused abt it.

Dragontail

Lynn i missed out your question earlier. I'm certainly no expert... and I myself have never done that blood test before.

But from my knowledge, that test can determine your progesterone level. Progesterone is produced after ovulation. If you do not hit certain readings, then it means you havent ovulate. And I dont think (i may be wrong) this test has the capability to predict when you may ovulate (if you havent ovulate) or when will be your next mense, if that's your hope to know. However, a vaginal scan may estimate when you're going to ovulate (because the scan can show the size of your follicles in your ovaries, as we know follicle size has to reach certain measurement then it will pop, ie ovulation).

Maqisa

So I m not goin crazy huh.... oh man n I had a flight to catch next week... tix all booked.. oh no... I felt so bloody lost

Maqisa

Thks dragontail... I m lk still starin at e kit n can't really function normally... also I m still haunted by my previous m/c... lotsa neg tots runnin thru my mind... oh man.. when shld u see a gynae? And damn I stopped folic acid a while ago coz I was so fed up with seein red month aft month. ... wish hub here

soursop2014

Congrats Maq!!!
Finally your turn!!!
So happy for you!

so what's next?
are u going to fly to Aussie land to accompany your hub?
if not, will there be someone at home to take care of u??

Last edited: