EDD Sep 2010

lekdao

I wished i had stock up on more front opening clothes!!! N long pants... I am not allowed to wear shorts....:( well its ok im sure time flies!!! ( trying hard to think +ve!)

Why not allow to wear shorts? how long is your clothes?
I worn those nite sleeping dress which cover up till below my knee and dun need to wear shorts at allz.

Just endure for 2 weeks, u will feels better and wont sweat that much after your body already adjusted to the weather and food.

lekdao

BTW, to all mummies.

Mayb you want to consider start looking for hair loss shampoo and hair tonic after you completed your confirnement. On the 3rd - 4th mths you may start dropping hair. Its very normal/common that we drop hairs, so dun worry. this will last abt 6 mths, so its good start using early to prevent loss much hair.

mrs_eg

jiayou to all mommies in confinement! yes the weather is horrible these days. and during my first tri i was still thinking confinement should be ok coz near end year. but who knew! haha...

congrats mrs eg, being the latest one to pop! reading your stories make me a little bit panicky, haha... trying not to think too much about when i will deliver and how it will be like, for now i am trying to satisfy whatever cravings i have since confinement will be strict :p

will be going for check-up later today, and shall see what doc says. EDD is this sat!

jiayou to all mommies waiting to pop too! we are almost there :)
Thanx bee... Ya enjoyas much as u can now... All the best!!!!

mrs_eg

oops. i would have pronounced it as sher-yan if im her teacher or something. hahaha. nice name though! :tlaugh:

yep, i was still posting here saying that i doubt i will ever give birth, then contractions came hard & fast 3 hours later, without ANY other signs prior to that. babies just love to spring a surprise on their mommies!
Ya same here... I was stil posting abt havinv a show that morning... I still tot it will b the nxt day or wat... B Then at nite i gave birth... Hahaha

mrs_eg

Why not allow to wear shorts? how long is your clothes?
I worn those nite sleeping dress which cover up till below my knee and dont need to wear shorts at allz.

Just endure for 2 weeks, you will feels better and wont sweat that much after your body already adjusted to the weather and food.
Duno leh.. Pyjamas w Long pants. Socks... Then if in aircon need cardigan...

Hopefully can get use to it soon...

Btw, great tip on the hair tonic

lekdao

dont know .. Pyjamas w Long pants. Socks... Then if in aircon need cardigan...

Hopefully can get use to it soon...

Btw, great tip on the hair tonic

No wonder, if possible get ur hubby to get those 1 pc sleep wear. I did not wear socks, just put on bedroom slipper if i walk ard. And did not put on cardigan when on-ed air con, but cover with blanket.

mecolemummy

Halo to all mummies!

Been so long since i got in here... missed out so much!
First let mi CONGRATZ all mummies who r in confinement and JIAYOU to all the mummies to be! Hopefully all are well ^^

I'm so lost here... Lets do a chart shall we?

BabyGals
*Mecolemummy aka Mecole with Princess Maegan

BabyBoys

gnaf21

I wished i had stock up on more front opening clothes!!! N long pants... I am not allowed to wear shorts....:( well its ok im sure time flies!!! ( trying hard to think +ve!)
Oh dear, cannot wear shorts? I have not asked my Mum about this point, I hope she does not make me wear pants! It is going to be super hot!

mommymin

BTW, to all mummies.

Mayb you want to consider start looking for hair loss shampoo and hair tonic after you completed your confirnement. On the 3rd - 4th mths you may start dropping hair. Its very normal/common that we drop hairs, so dont worry. this will last about 6 mths, so its good start using early to prevent loss much hair.
are you serious....... :eek: i already got so little hair liao!!

mecolemummy

Halo to all mummies!

Been so long since i got in here... missed out so much!
First let mi CONGRATZ all mummies who r in confinement and JIAYOU to all the mummies to be! Hopefully all are well ^^

I'm so lost here... Lets do a chart shall we?

BabyGals
*Mecolemummy aka Mecole with Princess Maegan

BabyBoys
Opps! forgot to add the date!

BabyGals
*13 Aug - Mecolemummy aka Mecole with Princess Maegan

BabyBoys

nightingale

Good idea Mecole! Let's list in chronological order!

BabyGals
13 Aug - Mecolemummy aka Mecole with Princess Maegan
14 Sept - Nightingale aka June with Princess Cheyenne

BabyBoys

lekdao

are you serious....... :eek: i already got so little hair !!
All my friends experienced hair dropping. Even my hairdresser able to guess how many mths my kid is when she handle my hair after my confinement.

That is why, now i alert mummies to look ard for good hair loss shampoo and hair tonic. Meanwhile you can try eating shouwu and black saeseme seeds that helps to strengthen the hair.

nightingale

Just reading all your confinement woes~ so far I think I must be one of the naughtiest mummies here for not following all the advice! I've been showering in hot/warm water since returning from the hospital on Day 3 - wash my short hair but blow-dry immediately afterwards. I wear capris (3/4 pants) and t-shirt and sleep with air con but will cover with blanket. Maybe the only thing I've been strictly following is the confinement food because I have a confinement lady who prepares my meals (and of course nagging from mum and mum-in-law haha) - so far so good, not too uncomfortable, nor craving for anything. In fact, quite enjoying the vinegar pig trotters! Been having that for the past few days!

Are all mummies breastfeeding? Sadly I havent been able to get baby to latch on successfully, and my milk only came in on Day 5 so we started her on formula supplements. Now expressing and feeding her with bottle, and formula as top up because breastmilk quantity is still not a lot. How are your experiences so far?

lekdao

Just reading all your confinement woes~ so far I think I must be one of the naughtiest mummies here for not following all the advice! I've been showering in hot/warm water since returning from the hospital on Day 3 - wash my short hair but blow-dry immediately afterwards. I wear capris (3/4 pants) and t-shirt and sleep with air con but will cover with blanket. Maybe the only thing I've been strictly following is the confinement food because I have a confinement lady who prepares my meals (and of course nagging from mum and mum-in-law haha) - so far so good, not too uncomfortable, nor craving for anything. In fact, quite enjoying the vinegar pig trotters! Been having that for the past few days!

Are all mummies breastfeeding? Sadly I havent been able to get baby to latch on successfully, and my milk only came in on Day 5 so we started her on formula supplements. Now expressing and feeding her with bottle, and formula as top up because breastmilk quantity is still not a lot. How are your experiences so far?
Its very normal, try latching your baby more.
Get your confinement lady to make papaya fish bone soup for u, it helps to produce milk, and also taking milo, horlicks and oats.

FYI, not enuff rest, stress will affect milk supply.

Last edited:

xian

oops, im wearing fbt. if wear long pants in this kind of weather my legs sure catch fire.
Same here. I'm wearing shorts and always walking ard e house wit socks on. Window and fans always on but not blowing directly at me. Super hot, esp when feeding baby.

xian

Its very normal, try latching your baby more.
Get your confinement lady to make papaya fish bone soup for you, it helps to produce milk, and also taking milo, horlicks and oats.

FYI, not enuff rest, stress will affect milk supply.

My supply was very limited too. Din know until I tried to express out on day 3. Baby was under fed for days and kept crying. Now day 5 feeding on formula and breast milk. It's not enough.

gnaf21

Hey Mummies,

Did you all book for Malay massage? I found one but she was telling me I need to pay the full amount on my first session. Is it normal? How do you all go about making the payment?

Also what are normally included in the massage and how long per session? How many sessions is enough?

mommymin

All my friends experienced hair dropping. Even my hairdresser able to guess how many mths my kid is when she handle my hair after my confinement.

That is why, now i alert mummies to look around for good hair loss shampoo and hair tonic. Meanwhile you can try eating shouwu and black saeseme seeds that helps to strengthen the hair.
oh dear. =(

any brand of hair loss shampoo/hair tonic to recommend? i was hanging arnd watsons and saw several brands. or do i really have to resort to BA WANG. =(

and i shall eat the black sesame paste dessert by litres after my confinement!

mrs_eg

Oh dear, cannot wear shorts? I have not asked my Mum about this point, I hope she does not make me wear pants! It is going to be super hot!
Hehe... I kp changing until drying time not as fast as my changing... Now in my 3/4 pj.... Haha better than nothing.... :p