EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Tannie

I shld be going this weekend too... Can't imagine the crowd during Natas fair... But thn again Mediacorp might be able to get better offer n deals bah...

bleeeee

Hi Tannie,

Thanks for sharing the link, it is very useful.

BumWear seems a bit expensive but maybe due to the better quality. According to the link, there is a brand called Babyland which is from China which at a way lower price, it cost less than S$10 for the all in one size diaper + 1 insert (which I just bought from ebay). Will wait for the good to be delivered and see how is the quality. I also get many advise is to buy one piece of a particular brand that you want to try out first become commit to the whole package.

Initially you have limited cloth diaper to try out so might require washing every day but once you have stock up what I heard is you do not need to do the washing everyday. I plan to try out and wash everyday when my baby arrive then if it is good I will stock up so will wash maybe 2-3 days.. hehe.. just dump it in the washing machine..
oh must consider in our hot and humid weather, might not be a good idea to keep and wash soiled diapers every 2-3 days. even after you rinse the diapers, its still damp and not good to keep for a few days.

i think NB will accumulate enough load to wash daily, as they grow older, not so sure..

bleeeee

Besides bottles, rompers and disposable diapers, I got nothing yet. I have not even toured or booked my hospital room yet. Hope to get some good bargains during the 2 baby fairs
where are you delivering? we are not bothering with the hospital tour :p

wah alot of things to buy leh! pram, car seat, cot, etc.

bleeeee

oh i didnt want to buy those that have to fold, dont want to learn how to fold, prefolds seem alot easier hehe :p

yeah good to try a few pcs first. i got a few from moomookow and bumwear (insert + cover), will see how prefolds work out if i wanna continue with them. there's actually alot of brands of cloth diapers out there!!! the SA at the shop also told me that in the future when bb outgrows the prefolds, i can use them as inserts in the cover instead so not wasted :)

ive never thought about the detergent part yet but the SA at the shop didnt ask me to use anything special so i will just use my existing one (persil powder detergent). she only told me not to wash the covers at above 30 degrees. might try the countrysave detergent powder they have once i finish my persil.

Hi Bleeee,

I also intend to use both, same practice as yours. But I didn't buy any prefold yet but maybe will but some muslin square during the coming baby expo. I think mainly I will go straight for those all in one size pocket diaper and I have already ordered 2 pieces of BabyLand from ebay. Some review said it is good and some said it is no good but intend to try out first as it's doesn't cost mush, less than S$10 for a diaper + 1 insert. So in tend to try in a small quantity before commit to a whole lot of this brand of cloth diaper.

Ya.. ya.. my mum also suggest to use cloth diaper in the first month, firstly it is good for baby skin and secondly there is a confinement nanny help to wash.. heheh.. and can save cost. a piece of disposable diaper already cost around $0.30 and heard need to change about 10 pieces a day from 0-3 months so for the 3 months already cost about $270.

I read from a link that never use baby detergent for the bumwear but not sure whether it is applicable for all others cloths diaper.. what detergent you intend to use for the laundry?

miracle25

I shld be going this weekend too... Can't imagine the crowd during Natas fair... But thn again Mediacorp might be able to get better offer n deals bah...
check out today's TODAY papers, featuring special deals for BabyCare Festival for next week by Mediacorp..

Meilynn

hi all mummies,
anyone intend to donate the cord blood??
Dear Climsp

U meant storing the cord blood? I hv sign up wif Stem cord on 5 years package. Rather play safe than be sorry. Understand tt the amount can be deducted from BB bonus. However, even cannot deduct, I will still sign up.

Dilys

Dear Climsp

U meant storing the cord blood? I hv sign up wif Stem cord on 5 years package. Rather play safe than be sorry. Understand tt the amount can be deducted from BB bonus. However, even cannot deduct, I will still sign up.
Hi Meilynn,

Oh you sign up with stem cord. :)

Hi, My EDD is 19th May, a girl ").
I think I will go there in the morning... not so crowded since I am not working.. and the weather is not so hot in the morning.

My EDD is 2nd May, expecting a boy. What about you? I am likely to go there after lunch, about 3 pm bah. My mobile is 96576293

climsp

Hi Meilynn,

Oh you sign up with stem cord. :)
we intend to donate but dun know how. need to ask my gynea also lo. cos hear from collg, if the blood very little, they wont collect also, and the charges for the gynea. hope my gynea dun charge since it for donation.