EDD in APR 2010

mrsmorgan

Thks mummies.. Im feelin much better now.. Btw, can i knw when do u bring bb for checkup n jab? 4 or 6 wks? Just go polyclinic can rite?

Renzie

mrsmorgan

you mean the 2nd dose of hep b? You can bring your baby for the jab within 1st - 2nd month, I had checked with the polyclinic before. Will be bringing her for the jab on 6 weeks since I'll be going for the checkup at the polyclinic as well.

Yup, polyclinic also can, you want to go private also can. If you are going to bring her for the jab at the polyclinic, its best to make an appointment beforehand, or you might end up waiting for hours.

National Healthcare Group Polyclinics

temari

hi mrs morgan,i would suggest you to go private doctor for injection instead of polyclinic.

the service at polyclinc is bad.last sat i went poly clinic to bring my baby to test his jaundice level.in the end waitied almost 3 hrs and with some bad service.they let us wait and lost our file, we check with the doctor and nurse and they say not with them.actually for baby no need to wait,got priority but the staff lazy and accumulate file then bring down.the enviroment is also bad. imagine many sick plp there coughing etc waiting for their turn and your newborn is there to breath in their virus. this is what i feel when i am waiting for my turn.in the end we went back to mount A to take the blood test which is done within 5 mins.$15 for the blood test and the service and time is worth.

i will be bringing my bb to my nearby rivate clinic for the injections.its just a few blocks away from my house, baby no need to travel so far. and there's always not so many people at the clinic.

mrsmorgan

Thks renzie n temari..
Oh it's e hep jab? Wat abt e 6in1 jab? Maybe i shld check e prices at poly n at e private clinic..

Renzie

temari
I think it differs from person to person. I went to polyclinic for the jaundice check as well, walk-in, pretty fast. From checking of baby's weight and height to taking the blood test and seeing the doctor about 1-2 hours. Waited slightly longer to see the doctor. But I guess its because there wasn't much people at the immunization corner at the polyclinic.

Mrsmorgan
The nurse at the polyclinic told me that 1st month is 2nd jab for hep B, if you opt for 6-in-1 (can only be taken at private, i think), its taken on the 2nd month, if its the 5-in-1(both poly and private), its taken on the 3rd month.

If you are unsure about the vaccinations, you can always call up the hotline I had given you, the customer service officer can help with your enquires. I didn't tell them if I'm going private or poly, I just ask if hep b can be taken at 6th weeks, and he say can, no problem.

temari

temari
I think it differs from person to person. I went to polyclinic for the jaundice check as well, walk-in, pretty fast. From checking of baby's weight and height to taking the blood test and seeing the doctor about 1-2 hours. Waited slightly longer to see the doctor. But I guess its because there wasn't much people at the immunization corner at the polyclinic.
ya. guess cos of the unpleasant experiece i have at that polyclinc so thats why..

and also depends on different polyclincs service too..

mrsmorgan

hey renzie n temari,
my boy's having slight fever, flu n some phlegm in his chest.. brought him to see a pd in jurong east.. not bad.. short waiting time, nurses friendly n doc quite gd.. answers all my queries patiently.

i asked abt e jab.. doc told me can opt for 6in1 when he turns 2mths old.. hep b alr included so no need to take separately at 1 mth.. will cost me $124, can use baby bonus.. nt sure hw much it'll cost at polyclinic but i think i'll just go bk to this pd..

btw, any of u knws if let's say i bank in some cash to baby's cda acct, then use it before govt matches e amount, will govt still match e amount??

Renzie

mrsmorgan,

if I remember correctly from the other threads regarding cda, they'll only match on what is left in your account by a certain time every month. meaning if you use the amount before they check, they'll only match what is left in your account.

If you are comfortable with that doctor, its best to stick with them. Especially since it'll be easier to ask and check with them any doubts that arise. With polyclinics, will its usually the nurses who does the injections.

mrsmorgan

Thks renzie..
I keep forgettin to call ocbc to check on e govt matchin thing.. N yup ive decided to just stick to that pd.

Anyways, hw r all e apr mummies? All no time to log in i guess.. Hehe.. Lucky i bought e iphone.. Can log in quickly.. If use my notebk, by e time i switch it on, my boy cry alr!:tlaugh:

temari

happy mother's day to all!

my baby having bloody stools last week, admited to hospital and just discharge yesterday. he is allergy to cow's milk. other than this illness he is having windy stomach and jaundice too but getting better now.haiz every week he have to go hospital. lucky he can discharge yest to celebrate his one month bday too. :(

Renzie

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL MUMMIESS!!~~

She slept through my mother's day dinner. haha, i guess its her present to me in allowing me to finish my dinner properly. :shyxxx:

My baby had jaundice too, my parents brought her to sun twice a day, jaundice disappeared in about 2-3 weeks. As for windy stomach, I'll put some ru yi oil on my palms, rub my hands together then put them on her stomach. Sometimes after bath, I'll massage her stomach to try to get the wind out.

Last edited:

temari

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL MUMMIESS!!~~

She slept through my mother's day dinner. haha, i guess its her present to me in allowing me to finish my dinner properly. :shyxxx:

My baby had jaundice too, my parents brought her to sun twice a day, jaundice disappeared in about 2-3 weeks. As for windy stomach, I'll put some ru yi oil on my palms, rub my hands together then put them on her stomach. Sometimes after bath, I'll massage her stomach to try to get the wind out.
i always miss the timing to sun my baby,cos by the time he wakes up and feed, burp till miss the timing.the last checkup doct say his jaundice is mile so no need to do blood test.

there are some milky white dots on his face, its been there since the day he is born. till now so long already still havnt disappear.

Renzie

She has milky white dots right on her nose when she was born. I think it only gradually disppeared a couple of days ago, still have a couple left. So don't worry too much. She had her first month celebration 1 week ago.

Actually they brought her out regardless she's awake or asleep. Either stand at the window there to sun (super hard because hard to catch any sun at my flat, have to go out to the corridor), at around 7-8am, and evening about 4-6 pm for about 10 mins each time.

mrsmorgan

i checked wit ocbc alr.. e govt will still match e amt even if we happen to use before they match.. :Dancing_wub:

mummies, it's so heart-wrenching to see our little ones unwell n keep going back to e doc.. i just brought my boy back to e pd again cos it has been a wk but his phlegm n flu still nt cleared yet.. so pd used e suction machine to suck out e phlegm frm his nose! shay screamed when e tube was inserted! lucky i got hubs to hold him dwn while i stood further away n dint really look at them.. all i could do was control my tears n hold shay close to me n rocked him aft everythin was over.. ='(

just a mth old n they have to go through all this n take meds.. mummies, let's all pray for our babies to get well soon.. :wong19:

temari

i checked wit ocbc already.. e govt will still match e amt even if we happen to use before they match.. :Dancing_wub:

mummies, it's so heart-wrenching to see our little ones unwell n keep going back to e doc.. i just brought my boy back to e pediatrician again cos it has been a wk but his phlegm n flu still not cleared yet.. so pediatrician used e suction machine to suck out e phlegm frm his nose! shay screamed when e tube was inserted! lucky i got hubs to hold him dwn while i stood further away n dint really look at them.. all i could do was control my tears n hold shay close to me n rocked him after everythin was over.. ='(

just a month old n they have to go through all this n take meds.. mummies, let's all pray for our babies to get well soon.. :wong19:
when my baby went for blood test,the nurse ask me to go outside and wait if i wil heartpain to see.i really cnt bear to look how she poke my baby's leg to squeeze his blood into 2 thin testubes and to see my baby screaming after that.poor him 3 weeks have to go bloodtest.
last week he poo bloody stools and admited to hospital. after changing to different milk alfare, no more bloody stools but today the bloody poo is back again. we did not go to hospital. will monitor tomorrow and see if next poo got blood again or not.dont know why he like that. doctor only say he is allergy to cow's milk and soya milk, now feeding him this non allergy milk alfare also like that. doctor say feed him less powder and more water to drain out the cow's milk. but he will easily hungry.he say it is ok to feed him more times.now every 1 to 2 hrs he will wan to feed.and the poo is always still watery and smelly.

today i notice his face a lot of pimples. dont kw is it because of he sweats a lot and got it or his dirty mittens rub on his face and got it.his face now looks oily and lots of pimples.and the milky white dots getting more and more.

just now i first time bath him. everytime he bath will cry but he nv cry this time.

Renzie

Its indeed very heart wrenching to see them poke at our babies. Even for her jaundice check, we were supposed to go back every single day for them to test for jaundice, but everyone voted (from hubby's family to my parents) not the bring the baby back to the doctor instead. Every day after they take the blood sample from her, she'll be very fussy and cranky, and stay up the whole day fussing. And every time after taking the blood sample, the doctor say jaundice level high, but not high enough to be admit and have to go back the next day for another blood test for monitoring. Every single day...Thus we heartpain decided not to go back. Instead we everyday bring her out for sunning twice a day, and let her take in lots of fluids in order to for the bilirium to be flushed out of her system.

Her face also alot of red bumps and looks oily. At first its because they go put her on some new cot which someone bought, but it was unwashed, so probably all the dirt and dust got on her. But now still have though not as red as before. I find that wiping her face with cooled boiled water helps, especially after her feeds. Though not all gone, but subsided abit. Now going to change FM, was using S26 before, but the new formula of S26, the powder texture is very different, and her red spots start appearing not long after we used the new formula.

Mrsmorgan

Thanks dear for the update! Wanted to go ocbc the other day to check, but scare baby might not be comfortable after her hep B jab,thus went straight back home.

temari
We usually dilute her FM a little, as we are afraid that her bumps are due to heat rash. MIL says S26 is very heaty.Or when she's using milk to calm herself to sleep, meaning she'll drink like 10-20 ml then doze off when its not her feeding time. There was one time her poo is quite hard and her stools had some blood, so we kept giving her water after she finishes her slightly diluted milk, after that her stool went back to normal/soft.

temari

temari
We usually dilute her FM a little, as we are afraid that her bumps are due to heat rash. mother in law says S26 is very heaty.Or when she's using milk to calm herself to sleep, meaning she'll drink like 10-20 ml then doze off when its not her feeding time. There was one time her poo is quite hard and her stools had some blood, so we kept giving her water after she finishes her slightly diluted milk, after that her stool went back to normal/soft.
we di dilute his formula milk already, so he keeps get hungry easily. now he drink 120ml with 2 scrope powder instead of 4 scope.sometimes he still want somemore so we feed another 60ml or 30ml then he will sleep.if he poo worst, have to feed 120ml again.

Hi Mummies,

How have all of you been? I haven't been online for awhile, baby caring schedule is pretty hectic and plus lack of sleep.
I had mastitis or breast infection for 2 weeks, overslept for pumping milk and plus never fully empty my breasts and went back to sleep, developed high fever and sore and lumpy breasts which are painful. Really nasty as the fever din go off until 4 days later and i was shivering every night, could breastfeed baby at all. The lactation consultant had to squeeze my areolas and nipples so hard to reduce the lumps that i screamed like mad. Never in my life i had such manipulation of my breasts by so many people or nurses..hehe
My baby has been coughing for awhile, not sure if it is due to the dusty environment in my house or due to her heart murmur. She is still jaundiced and last review at pediatrician she had full blood count done, heart pain when i see the nurse poke her tiny hand to draw blood, she was crying so bitterly.
Her platelets are high and pediatrician wants to do another blood test again this week. I hope everything will be ok, can't bear to see her being poke again.

corrinne

Taking care of babies are really tiring.... much really take opportunities to rest whenever there is a chance meh!

For those mums who still concern about the tummy, would like to recommend micro-massage undergarment / Pant to trim and firm your Tummy, Hip and Thigh!

You can find out more from www.itsi.com.sg

Take Care!