EDD Jan 2014

Hi anyone like me, has mental cycle of about 33-35 days, and know your edd alrdy? I'm puzzled hw edd s calculated.. Tot I'm 8 wks today but due to longer cycle, I may only b 7wks only? Puzzled..

jellybean1114

Hi anyone like me, has mental cycle of about 33-35 days, and know your edd alrdy? I'm puzzled hw edd s calculated.. Tot I'm 8 wks today but due to longer cycle, I may only b 7wks only? Puzzled..
me! my cycles are long... gynae did ultrasound and took measurement of the bb to get EDD. Have you visited your gynae yet?

some nights im so tired but cant fall asleep coz im soooo bloated. sometimes i wonder if i would feel better if i just try to make myself puke
Same here! I forced myself to puke last nite, nothg came out but felt a bit better after tt.. Guess I've to b disciplined n not overeat or drink too much water after dinner.. But hav to take pills, cannot don't drink water.. Sigh.. I try to walk and the house after dinner.. N eat as early as possible.. Helps a little..

babytazz

anyone here already booked confinement lady? What questions do you ask when you meet up with the CL?
I think it's still early to book...usually around second trimester then can consider the booking. But clashed with CNY is costly... I searched and found packages starting from $3+k! Good time to research now.

babytazz

me! my cycles are long... gynae did ultrasound and took measurement of the bb to get EDD. Have you visited your gynae yet?
I see gynaes usually ask you for your last start date of period. Never asked about cycle duration, so likely it doesn't affect edd. Edd seems more accurate when it's taken after 8wks?

babytazz

Same here! I forced myself to puke last nite, nothg came out but felt a bit better after tt.. Guess I've to b disciplined n not overeat or drink too much water after dinner.. But hav to take pills, cannot don't drink water.. Sigh.. I try to walk and the house after dinner.. N eat as early as possible.. Helps a little..
Try drinking or eating something with ginger. It may help. I'm feeling nausea but no puking. Initially sour plum helps for me but subsequently I can't stand it..

I see gynaes usually ask you for your last start date of period. Never asked about cycle duration, so likely it doesn't affect edd. Edd seems more accurate when it's taken after 8wks?
yar! I'm surprised that they only ask for LMP.. longer cycles = take longer than usual to ovulate.. but they don't consider that? :( anyways my edd based on the scan is nearer to the edd estimated by calculator that considers my cycle.. gynae's calculated date seemed to follow the 28 days cycle -.- I guess ure right, shld wait for subsequent scans to confirm :)

Reading about mummies getting bloated now i feel normal and relieved. I have been having some sort of indigestion feeling after I eat and my tummy hurts as if i want to throw up or just burp that last night i almost skipped dinner because of this feeling. But HTB forced me to eat a little since i can't skip dinner and he's also worried. I don't have any morning sickness, just that i always feel tired (especially in the morning and afternoon).

By the way, I'm having my first check up with Dr. Lawrence Ang in Sembawang (through a friend's recommendation)this Saturday, it's my 8th week so i should hear some heartbeat. I'm quite stressed and afraid that I might not hear anything, or the doctor might not see anything. HTB is going with me for the first time as well, hopefully everything turns out well.

Gabrielle86

first trimester not suppose to disclose right ? but cos my job scope... I must tell ppl leh .... how ar ? stress also..

babytazz

Reading about mummies getting bloated now i feel normal and relieved. I have been having some sort of indigestion feeling after I eat and my tummy hurts as if i want to throw up or just burp that last night i almost skipped dinner because of this feeling. But HTB forced me to eat a little since i can't skip dinner and he's also worried. I don't have any morning sickness, just that i always feel tired (especially in the morning and afternoon).

By the way, I'm having my first check up with Dr. Lawrence Ang in Sembawang (through a friend's recommendation)this Saturday, it's my 8th week so i should hear some heartbeat. I'm quite stressed and afraid that I might not hear anything, or the doctor might not see anything. HTB is going with me for the first time as well, hopefully everything turns out well.
Dont worry, Dr Ang's quite skillful. Sure can detect something but I can't rem if it's wk 8 that you hear heartbeat. But also must be prepared he talks like machine gun. If you have questions, just ask. He will answer though he's fast in talking.

If the indigestion is bad, can go to the pharmacy to ask for medicine for heartburn. I took antacid previously in first birth and now changed to gaviscon (faster soothing). Otherwise, tell your gynae and see if he has anything for you.

babytazz

first trimester not suppose to disclose right ? but cos my job scope... I must tell ppl leh .... how ar ? stress also..
Just tell those who need to know. Actually it's whether you are pantang or not to disclose. But I feel it's more than pantang, coz first trimester not stable yet so it's more like don't let others know in case it isn't successful. Don't stress over this. :)

jellybean1114

Some days I have no appetite. Some days I eat a lot. Haha. But im feeling tired at night. By the time I knock off from work, I feel like hitting my bed straight away.

I understand the feeling of not seeing or hearing anything. Even till now I also worry what if next appt *choy* no growth or heartbeat.

Yup! I went once at 5w5d but only see sac. At least gave me assurance that im preggie. Then I went 7w5d and heard heartbeat. Next week going for oscar :)
This happened to me during my first visit. The doctor can't see anything so she fears it's ectopic. I took the blood test and my HGC increase more than twice overnight, so the next time, she see a sac. I happily went on my travel, then i came back and the sac is bigger...and there's a faint baby there somewhere so she said everything is normal. Now, I just need to wait for heartbeat then i will feel better. I'm a first time mommy so it's quite nerve wracking for me...hehehe

We believe in the same thing, but we have to ask for gynae recommendations, end up have to tell a few guys that I'm preggo since they figured that I will not be asking for gynae recommendations if I'm not preggo, plus i don't want to deny the baby (another myth thing). I don't blabber about it, but if someone ask me directly, i will admit, but tell them not to go and blabber around with other friends.

Missy10

Jus a update!!

Went for my first gynae visit today at KKH

Saw my baby sac, and heartbeat blinking.....

6.2 weeks, also per calculation

Rzena

Yes I'm also suffering from night sickness...every evening I feel so drained and tired, and nausea is at its peak in the nights! sian...

fabmums, my cycle is also long... The last menstrual cycle I had was 37 days. My EDD was estimated based on my gynae's measurement of my baby. According to the baby's length and sac dimensions he said my EDD is 12 Jan 2014. My LMP was 5 April 2013.

Rzena

Yay Missy10, congrats on seeing your darling's heartbeat. Must be a very happy moment for you. :)

Regarding letting other pple know abt pregnancy in the first trimester, it's really up to whether you pantang or not. In fact I let my close frens and family know abt my first pregnancy and this second one too. Will tell my colleagues if needed or if they ask. I don't deny my pregnancy if pple ask. No problem just as long as you don't let it play with your mind and make you uneasy. Most important is to keep positive and happy and everything will be fine. :)