EDD Jan 2014

Lush

My htb dropped it like a bomb to my parents very casually just as we are packing to go back here ins singapore. Something like "Oh aunty, by the way your daughter is pregnant". I think my parents got shocked so he repeated it in the same casual manner, then my mom started crying out of happiness.

Hi how many weeks were you then? im in my 13 wks + , feel like telling my close friends but also still in a very nervous mode due to a previous first loss. after all being preg is a joy and some of my gfs has been wondering why have i been so secretive lately. lol

I understand how you feel...my sis-in-laws had the same worry. One had an ectopic pregnancy before she gave birth to the first one and the other one had a blighted ovum recently, just before her pregnancy now (she's on her 5th month)thus they kept it until they comfortable telling only those who ask. It was my 5th week when we told my parents. But only my parents knew and the two of us since it's still delicate. I'm on my 12th week now, but i still don't tell people unless they ask me directly. A lot of people in the office speculates, they noticed that my hips become fuller and tummy becomes bigger but my face and arms remain the same. So it's a 1 + 1 = 2 for them, but still no confirmation until they ask. Only now that the doctor told us that the pregnancy is stable that I in particular became more relax. For me, just like what my boss said, share the news only when you are comfortable sharing the good news. :)

Last edited:

Lush

I understand how you feel...my sis-in-laws had the same worry. One had an ectopic pregnancy before she gave birth to the first one and the other one had a blighted ovum recently, just before her pregnancy now (she's on her 5th month)thus they kept it until they comfortable telling only those who ask. It was my 5th week when we told my parents. But only my parents knew and the two of us since it's still delicate. I'm on my 12th week now, but i still don't tell people unless they ask me directly. A lot of people in the office speculates, they noticed that my hips become fuller and tummy becomes bigger but my face and arms remain the same. So it's a 1 + 1 = 2 for them, but still no confirmation until they ask. Only now that the doctor told us that the pregnancy is stable that I in particular became more relax. For me, just like what my boss said, share the news only when you are comfortable sharing the good news. :)

Ya what you say is really true, like for me it will never be safe till i got a baby in my arms. I guess after a loss its really hard to be fully positive and optimistic. For me, i keep thinking too much at all the symptoms i had, a little ache here and there and i would freak out and think negatively. esp this pregnancy i been thru heavy bleeding during early weeks, injections to stable-lise the pregnancy. Just hope the months pass faster :) wishing all of us here will have a happy and healthy 9 months :)

Missy10

All relatives knew about it, all thanks to my mum and MIL who can't control their happiness.....

As for myself, those who see me in person who asked, i will admit by nodding head and hand sign.... hehehehe dun let bb hear....

So i planned to release the news via only after my oscar test.... when gynae confirmed its stable.. .

Lush

All relatives knew about it, all thanks to my mum and MIL who can't control their happiness.....

As for myself, those who see me in person who asked, i will admit by nodding head and hand sign.... hehehehe dun let bb hear....

So i planned to release the news via only after my oscar test.... when gynae confirmed its stable.. .
haha when is your oscar test? i dont know did i do mine, only know gynae got check fluid behind neck and thigh bone length.

Missy10

Lush:805282 said:

haha when is your oscar test? i dont know did i do mine, only know gynae got check fluid behind neck and thigh bone length.
Im doing my oscar scan on the 15th, which is also 13th weeks

this is how we do it as well. We waited until dr. ang told us that the pregnancy is stable and that we can spread the good news. Then the oscar followed after the check up and showed us our baby who keeps on moving during the oscar..so after only that we started accepting cogratulatory remarks wholeheartedly and happily without any fears that we are confirming something that is not yet stable

Peenut

Hi how many weeks were you then? im in my 13 wks + , feel like telling my close friends but also still in a very nervous mode due to a previous first loss. after all being preg is a joy and some of my gfs has been wondering why have i been so secretive lately. lol
I'm in my week 14 and Oscar results all out but just like u, I have not told my friends and relatives yet due to the first experience last Nov n I had to take back my words again. It was very painful n difficult. but I kinda feel guilty to my little one that I'm not announcing his/her arrival. but I think when pple starts to ask, I'll start nodding my head then. My bump not obvious yet so I haven got any qn. Just a lot of medical certs n flying aeroplane during meet ups due to MS. Haha

I just had my Oscar n blood test too! Didn't really see the baby move cos the doc was fast in getting the snapshot n doing the measurements.. He only showed baby moving frm top view (frm baby's head), can only see his/her hands moving ={ The experience was amazing tho! Had to keep still n contain the excitement during the scan! Measurements n limbs are all checked n ok.. Waiting for the blood test results now, another long wait!

Im at 12w6d now, glad that dr says risk of m/c has dropped to 5% but he did mention that baby is more stable only at 4-5 mths.. I wonder if I shld openly break the news too, tummy is showing n colleagues are talking behind my back ardy.. Guess I'll just play by ear first.. Focus on CL searching now..

Lush

I'm in my week 14 and Oscar results all out but just like u, I have not told my friends and relatives yet due to the first experience last Nov n I had to take back my words again. It was very painful n difficult. but I kinda feel guilty to my little one that I'm not announcing his/her arrival. but I think when pple starts to ask, I'll start nodding my head then. My bump not obvious yet so I haven got any qn. Just a lot of medical certs n flying aeroplane during meet ups due to MS. Haha
Yes it was very painful for me too, at first like you i felt very bad to the little one in me cus i simply didnt want to bond too much with it for fear same old thing might happen again. My bump also not obvious, its more like feeling fat . On a side note, my gynae told me that having ms is a good sign of healthy preg in about 75% of preg. till now i cant differentiate the difference of wanting to vomit due to bloating and really having nausea so i take it as i have no ms :( when is your next check up?

Lush

I just had my Oscar n blood test too! Didn't really see the baby move cos the doc was fast in getting the snapshot n doing the measurements.. He only showed baby moving frm top view (frm baby's head), can only see his/her hands moving ={ The experience was amazing tho! Had to keep still n contain the excitement during the scan! Measurements n limbs are all checked n ok.. Waiting for the blood test results now, another long wait!

Im at 12w6d now, glad that dr says risk of m/c has dropped to 5% but he did mention that baby is more stable only at 4-5 mths.. I wonder if I shld openly break the news too, tummy is showing n colleagues are talking behind my back ardy.. Guess I'll just play by ear first.. Focus on CL searching now..

You intend to hire CL? heard for our edds nearing cny it will be very expensive, i was thinking if everything goes smoothly for me i will hire confinement catering instead.

Hi fabmums...my colleagues are doing the same. Everytime they see me they will look at my tummy then look away, i guess because im not married yet so they make a big fuss out of it. But i just laugh at it and let them talk about it, it's funny how people sometimes gossip about this...hehehe. For me i didnt break the news, if they come to me now and congratulate me i happily accept otherwise i just let mu baby bump show in my dresses...

Peenut

Yes it was very painful for me too, at first like you i felt very bad to the little one in me cus i simply didnt want to bond too much with it for fear same old thing might happen again. My bump also not obvious, its more like feeling fat . On a side note, my gynae told me that having ms is a good sign of healthy preg in about 75% of preg. till now i cant differentiate the difference of wanting to vomit due to bloating and really having nausea so i take it as i have no ms :( when is your next check up?
my next check up is 23rd July. Long wait! anyway both nauseous n bloating are pregnancy symptoms so whether u vomit out or not, they r still symptoms :) so yes, ur hormones are working well. Dun worry k. U wun want constant vomiting too. very xin ku!! I do bond with baby by talking to him/her everyday. I just dun tell pple abt my pregnancy only. Only immediate parents know.

Kailarueluka

@ Lush: The moment pregnancy test kit shows positive. Me and hubby very excited and could not contain our happiness to share the good news to everybody. We have waited until i am 5 weeks and 2 days then posted our first baby ultra sound (that time we can only see the gestational sac though) in our facebook account. Called our parents overseas to inform them the good news.

Some i knew still wait for 3 months to tell the good news but we are already so happy and we already CLAIM to God that this baby is ours and nothing bad will happend along the pregnancy so we are confident to tell our friends, relatives and co workers. :Dancing_tongue:

Just wondering when did mummies here start telling relatives/close friends of your pregnancy?

Lush

@ Lush: The moment pregnancy test kit shows positive. Me and hubby very excited and could not contain our happiness to share the good news to everybody. We have waited until i am 5 weeks and 2 days then posted our first baby ultra sound (that time we can only see the gestational sac though) in our facebook account. Called our parents overseas to inform them the good news.

Some i knew still wait for 3 months to tell the good news but we are already so happy and we already CLAIM to God that this baby is ours and nothing bad will happend along the pregnancy so we are confident to tell our friends, relatives and co workers. :Dancing_tongue:

happy to hear that, when is your edd?

chiching, I noe hw u feel.. for me, if I noe a colleague is p/g I'll feel happy for her n congratulate her later when it shows.. donnoe y some ppl hav to gossip about who n who is p/g -.-

hi Lush, ya my first choice is to get a CL, really wanna rest during the 1st mth n not worry bout bb n laundry, etc.. I heard a good recovery during the 1st mth is extremely impt.. hope I can get a CL for the period! don mind letting the CL going back for cny for 3-5days..

Peenut

hi MTB, I haf a silly qn to ask. Those of u with bumps already, is the bump soft or hard? Cos I'm still trying to debate within me if mine is a bump or fats haha!! I know when the bump is really big like 5-7 mths, it's hard. But since now it's only the start, i cannot differentiate.