EDD May 2011

lsy

My girl dunno is it reject nuk teat or plainly rejecting bottle.
She drink 50ml from nuk teat at 10am. I left her with daddy go buy groceries. Come back she start to whine and I try feeding her the remaining 20ml die die don't want but saw her rooting reflex , offer her breast drink until burp. Jia lat ...

whomovedmycheese

My girl dunno is it reject nuk teat or plainly rejecting bottle.
She drink 50ml from nuk teat at 10am. I left her with daddy go buy groceries. Come back she start to whine and I try feeding her the remaining 20ml die die don't want but saw her rooting reflex , offer her breast drink until burp. Jia lat ...
Looks like she don't quite like nuk?

lsy

Looks like she don't quite like nuk?
The hospital sample nuk latex she was ok. I bought silicon ones. Just now she still drink dr brown. How come hospital latex holes at both side but silicone s1 the hole on top? Anyway come to look at the standard teat it looks so short doesn't seem to look like nipple plus areola. It look like baby mouth sucking on nipple only.

whomovedmycheese

The hospital sample nuk latex she was ok. I bought silicon ones. Just now she still drink dr brown. How come hospital latex holes at both side but silicone s1 the hole on top? Anyway come to look at the standard teat it looks so short doesn't seem to look like nipple plus areola. It look like baby mouth sucking on nipple only.
O mine is the latex teat, also only have 1 hole at the top. Mine is the wide neck though. Looks a bit like nipple.

whomovedmycheese

How u manage to do that? U prepare 150 in one bottle for her? Or u see she not enough give again
My hb has this ability. But the 150ml was a mistake. He blur blur go and pour the packet of thawed milk into the bottle and warmed it, only to realise it's 150ml or slightly more. Then he fed her more than half of it and then half time and burped her. After finishing burping her, he continued and she actually finished everything.

lsy

See la today 1 trip go out for 2 hrs ended up baby timing to sleep hay wire. I have thought so this afternoon when she missed her 2 hr nap became 1 hr. Afternoon all the 1 hr turn to be 3 hrs. Now after 9:30 feed she still not sleeping.

belovedchloe

Hi all
What brand diapers do u use? I'm using many poko.

Now I have the intention bring in diapers made in japan like goon, merries and moony. You all heard before? Found goon soft and reviews have been good. Any one of u using? Is it really good?
i'm using goon now. i like it cos its soft and doesnt leak. you can buy it from diapers.com.sg

belovedchloe

I used to buy drypers day use and mamy poko night use. But drypers always leak when she poop. Guess bfeed babies poo more watery. End up stain clothing extra work. Once finish all the drypers I'm switching to huggies for day use and mamy poko night use.

Goon expensive right? Saw it at I-setan not cheap. Don't think I wanna spend that $.
must monitor the price for goon. i bought it when diapers.com.sg was having sale, worked out to abt 31c per diaper. thats quite cheap i feel

belovedchloe

i went to thomson parentcraft this week & the consultant told me i can start training baby to sleep throughout the night. She said to start by slowly reducing the night feed by 10 - 20ml each time.

do any other mummies do this? what's the best way to stop the night feed

lsy

i went to thomson parentcraft this week & the consultant told me i can start training baby to sleep throughout the night. She said to start by slowly reducing the night feed by 10 - 20ml each time.

Give them pacifier at night lol. Did the consultant mention "through the night means maximum how many hours".
So far we know is 5-6 hours without feed. So if they sleep at 10 pm they will be hungry by 3-4am. Unless mummy are willing to let them hungry for another 2 hrs.
There are contradicting theories by bf practitioner and PD. Logically fallen asleep would not feel hungry. Bf practitioner say max 5 hrs.

whomovedmycheese

See la today 1 trip go out for 2 hrs ended up baby timing to sleep hay wire. I have thought so this afternoon when she missed her 2 hr nap became 1 hr. Afternoon all the 1 hr turn to be 3 hrs. Now after 9:30 feed she still not sleeping.
Went out yesterday and she slept throughout the trip. Last night.. I had a horrible time coz she only slept at 4am, after her 12am feed. She would suck her pacifier and every time her pacifier dropped, she would cry out and throw tantrum by banging both her hands beside her head, to alert me. After I put back her pacifier, she would close her eyes. Every time her pacifier dropped, she would repeat that. Until 4am, I decided to turn off the night light, then she slept.

whomovedmycheese

Reducing night feed amount will let baby sleep longer? Did she say why?

lsy

It will take approx 9 hrs right? They say if u put it in a container of water then thaw it in the fridge will speed up process. I haven't thaw that way yet. Can try n let me know how long it will take?
I just tried thawing inside a container of water, I kiasu a bit scared bag got leak use cooled boiled water lol. Takes 1.5 hour to thaw.