EDD Oct 2013

Meowmummy

just went for my 1st gynae check up yesterday,i am 7week preggy. edd around 24oct. my ms happening, no appetite, alot of gas, even i burp food also comes out, now i drink orange juice(sour) and eat plums...how all of you are doing? Hope we all can pass this difficult time fast.

just went for my 1st gynae check up yesterday,i am 7week preggy. edd around 24oct. my ms happening, no appetite, alot of gas, even i burp food also comes out, now i drink orange juice(sour) and eat plums...how all of you are doing? Hope we all can pass this difficult time fast.

Hi Meowmummy

Congratz to u... I heard they say when we are having the gas/burping problems, we should not take sour food and plums.. It will create more gas and queasiness in the stomach.. Try alternating it with butter crackers.. They help.. I have been doing so for the past 1 week and feel abit relieved frm the gas issues..

nrl

Yes its painful, and im not afraid of needles, but it will go off very fast, like a small fire on you.
Try to relax will make it better.

I had a previous mc due to spotting non stop, but i heard a lot whet on to have a healthy baby with spotting, dont worry so much, i can understand the feeling, because you get so scared. Try to lift up your legs and lay down, dont move too much.
Main thing dont get sad or agitated, will help the baby a lot.

Take care Clarbie
Hi all,
I am a newbie here. Am mummy to a pretty girl who is turning 3 this year. My edd will be in late oct or early nov.
Been spotting on and off since last mon, even rushed myself to kkh, thinking I might have miscarried. Besides taking hormone pills n on regular jabs, my gynae gave me lotsa mc n ordered bedrest.
I had previous miscarriage in last Jun due to early failure.
Everything looks gd for now n baby is trying his best to survive as per the gynae. He can spot a flickering heartbeat n we are all praying for the best.
To clarbie, the jab is to stabilize e pregnancy and it is not that painful, seriously. Just like an antbite.

Hi!! Congratz ya!

Just wondering how did you get the bedrest n lotsa mc.... I had discharge n went to KKH a&e ...

They told me to go bck gynae.. I have chose a gynae yet n kkh "gynae" like bochap... Cant be bothered... I

Hi nrl,
Congrats to you too!
I went to kkh 24hrs clinic. The gynae there gave me 4 days mc. I followed up with my own gynae, dr tho at London clinic. He is very nice and assuring. He was my gynae for my first girl too. I had spotting for my first girl and he had taken gd care of me. He even asked even I wanna go hosp for bedrest but I rejected as I have a young girl at home still.
My gynae suggests that I shd go mt a a&e next time and the nurse w contact him instead of goin kkh and waited for almost 4 hrs thou.
Is impt to get a gynae that u trust and let u feel safe. Maybe u wanna chg another gynae since u have not sign any package.
Hope this helps!

Xtinee

I went to C H Koh - private clinic, in my previous MC (not an assuring doc) he gave me 5days Mc and i went to see him time and time again, each time 5-7days MC for bed rest. Total i rest for 1 month within a span of 2 months as I have constant spotting.

The diagnose was threaten miscarriage

joymommy

Xtinee:767599 said:
Hello everyone.. I am new here with my first pregnancy. My EDD is 12 Oct. Initially I felt like nausea most of times and now it reduced. But I have severe pimple outbreak. Any facial cleansers to recommend? I checked the net and it mentioned that there are certain ingredients that we can't use at all I.e. BHA.
My skin turns super dry also and i have combination skin. You have to see if your skin is oily or it is just sensitive.
If oily and you have combination skin can use something with salicylic acid, it is anti-inflammatory, brands like neutrogena have it, or anything with tea tree.
Can try clean and clear (gel cleaner) too if you have young skin.
If sensitive and not oily switch to a mild cleaner like
Cetaphi, i heard people says its good, or SImple range. Best Dermalogica brand.
I have oily skin. My friend suggested me to use cetapil. Is this good? I also read online that salicylic acid is not good for pregnant woman leh. So I have to stop all the cleansers i am using. But when I went to GP, she said all cleansers can be used without worries. But I still worry. So I now change to use cetapil and even my make up I also change.

I am quite worried, afterall is my first bb.

Hi xtinee,
I was too diagnosed with threaten miscarriage for my first pregnancy. But thankfully
Under my gynae's gd care, I was ok.
This pregnancy was slightly tougher than before. E spotting is pretty persistent, hence I am more worried. My second pregnancy ended in mc but my gynae said it was a initial failure. It stopped growing at 3rd weeks.
He assured me that even thou women who mc before will have higher chance of mc but is not always necessary. Whenever I get upset for keep goin back to him for spotting, he w cheer me up with my baby scan and says baby is doin well.
Very kind gynae. Highly recommended for mummies who stay in e west.
Hope we will pass the first tri mark quickly!

Hi joymummy,
Don't worry, I have oily skin too. The outbreak could be due to hormonal changes. Yup, as xtinee recommends, cetapil is a gd choice. I am using it now. Is a very mild cleanser. Even my girl's pd recommends it for my girl.

Xtinee

HI Xiaoxiaowanzi, hope that your this pregnancy will go well, my previous MC keeps spotting for non stop and in the end at 9 weeks, scan shows that bb stopped growing at 6 weeks.
I have read that some women went through to have normal pregnancy even with spotting and you have proof it to be true. Im sure this time will be the same for you :)
I heard the chances of us having MC again is only a few % higher, not much difference, but most women who has a MC previously the risk on the next MC is reduced, say from 4:1 to 2:1, so chances are good.

Xtinee

joymommy hmmm i dont tink cleaners will affect pregnancy, if so our polluted air and genetically modified food would have killed us.
Im still using a mild one oh do you use toner ? It plays a part too, and also if you are wearing make up, you need a cleaner that clean make up, unless you are using the oil that removes make up, if not it might leaves a residue.
Try putting some clay mask to calm the skin, these are natural so safe for you to use.
I heard cetapil not good for troubled skin, if your skin feels tight after cleansing means the cleanser is too dry for you, if you feel there is still a layer of dirt means its not clean enough, or you can try alternate two cleansers, this way your skin will get clean better. Most oily skin pimples is caused by clogged pores, or you squeeze your pimples and they spread

Last edited:
Hi xtinee,
Thank you for your encouragement! Yup, we will all be fine and beat all those giddy spells n bloatedness!
You jia you too k. Is really nice to make friends over this space.

joymommy

Xtinee:767825 said:
joymommy hmmm i dont tink cleaners will affect pregnancy, if so our polluted air and genetically modified food would have killed us.
Im still using a mild one oh do you use toner ? It plays a part too, and also if you are wearing make up, you need a cleaner that clean make up, unless you are using the oil that removes make up, if not it might leaves a residue.
Try putting some clay mask to calm the skin, these are natural so safe for you to use.
I heard cetapil not good for troubled skin, if your skin feels tight after cleansing means the cleanser is too dry for you, if you feel there is still a layer of dirt means its not clean enough, or you can try alternate two cleansers, this way your skin will get clean better. Most oily skin pimples is caused by clogged pores, or you squeeze your pimples and they spread
Hi xtinee, thank you. U mean clay mask is safe? Hmm I am currently using the cetapil and it was ok. Not tight or dry. Jus that I am not used to using the cleanser that is not foamy. Hmm I even changed my make up. But I not using toner alr. I did buy the make up remover too. My friend recommended me, saying that I shld also change the product when I am preg.

Everything got to play a part I believe. Environment also plays a big part. So hopefully my hormonal changes will change when I hit second trimester. I enjoy preg stage but not when I got pimples. :)

Oily skin caused pimples but I also realised that oil glands increase too. So it's not jus clogged pores. I also have pimples before preg but not so severe. So I hope it will get better.

:eek:

hi ladies, im also getting more pimples on my face.. i dont put makeup but d condition has nvr been worse till like even if i dont wash face. didnt expect preg to b like tat. jux want a baby only. my pimples are those many many small acnes..

Naangfaa

Hi all,

For dry skin, try using pure aloe vera and put it on your face for about 30 minutes. It's cooling and more importantly it's natural! =)
I am using Clean and Clear cleanser and moisturizer I'm using Face Shop's Chia Seeds range..=)
So far so good..:Dancing_tongue:

Xtinee

For my dry skin - a bit flaky around the nose (ya like snake), i do a gentle scrub twice a week. and use Sulwhasoo LG The History of Whoo Neck Face Sleeping Repair 2ml 30pcs at night, samples cheaper bought from Gmarket (Qoo10), used to be too oily for me but now it solve my flaking skin.

Im using waterproof sunscreen 50SPF so using olay forming cleaner at night (supposed to remove make up) and in the morning using faceshop mung bean cleanser, toner also different. morning im using Etude house pore toner, at night using skin food cucumber toner.

Ya i feel my face very oily too dont know why tink the oil can use to fry veggies......

Cos im fair now both hands have sun spots ............ so now also applying waterproof sun block on hands haha

Ooh for paper mask i feel etude house pearl mask is good, can buy quite cheap at gmarket.

Ooh sometimes over active oil glands can be caused by dry skin, as our skin is dry we produce more sebum, as it reacts to the dry skin and goes into a overdrive producing more oil, try some gel
moisturizers

Last edited:

Qinqin

Hi xtinee,
Thank you for your encouragement! Yup, we will all be fine and beat all those giddy spells n bloatedness!
You jia you too k. Is really nice to make friends over this space.
Yeah..the bloatedness pls go away ..far far away!:Dancing_peevedoff:
:Dancing_peevedoff:

Hi qinqin,
Nothing seems to take away e bloatedness for me. When I hungry, I feel queasy n wanna throw up. When I m full, I feel so bloated n full of gas.
Hope this w quickly go away as we go into e second tri.
I feel like drinking coke but right now being preggie, I am trying hard not to take that. Haha. But according to the dietician from the antenatel class, is ok to have a can daily.

nrl

Anyone still go for facial? First tri not sure safe ma

I didnt go any facial or put on anytying except using facial wash from simple.

A fren said all tat can change our hormones.. Not sure how true is it but i rather be safe and let the outbreak goes on than jeopardize baby health.... On another note, you can check with your gynae to be safe...