We are TTC-ing!

creeni

I am 30 yrs old, my hubby is 40 yrs old. Doctor said both of us are no problem. We also try TCM, he also said both of us sure can have 2nd child. May be my hubby working so stress.

Dragontail : your hubby is so good can always bd. haizzz... My hubby only can bd 3 days once

littlej

Hey shez - I think dragontail would be best to answer your question cuz she is bbt expert.

What I did before was to use the later temp. But I put a note that I had an earlier temp too. Why I took later temp - same circumstances as you - the first time I woke up I stared at ceiling for a while before taking temp and so body already had time to warm up and hence temp not accurate. The second temp given I woke up 4 hours later was taken immediately when my eyes opened so I figured that was more accurate.

But that was just my own analysis. Not sure if it "holds any water".

littlej

Hi creeni - oooo. Are you taking Tcm regularly? That is what most of us here do. Hope this forum helps you to relieve some pressure as we can talk about anything and everything ;)

quincy1986

@Shez
my tcm dr instructed me to take temp same time everyday
but if you have disrupted sleep and you are required to take bbt, do inform your gynae or sinseh.

quincy1986

@creeni
3 days once is ok.
my sinseh told us to bd 3 days once.
as long as not more than 3 days.
btw, my hubby is also 40 this year ;)

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Creeni given your age, I think it shouldn't be a problem for you to conceive again and your tcm doc said so too. Stress is a major factor which may affection conception so might want to consider going for a short holiday?

prayinghard

Creeni, me too just had a chemical mc last week, and this is my second time mc already since my ttc journey starts 2 yrs ago.. My world is like collapsing and every now and then my tears just cannot be controlled...

Dr su mentioned is dued to my body lack of Qi which is why im not able to hold on to my pregnancy and she asked me to drink Ba Zhen and Longan red dates to build the Qi up.
In gynae point of view, he told me that chemical preg is very common and asked me not to worry.
But in tcm point of view, chemical preg is not common as it may affect the next time we conceive ... I am so worrying now.

Yesterday just had a gathering with my bunch of girlfriends and they will saying so and so pregnant already after married last year and so and so just given birth... And they will saying whether is it really good to bring them to this world which is full of stress and competitions compared to our times when we are just children..

quincy1986

my hubby also said he dont really want to ttc anymore cuz i seem to be rejecting him these few days haha

@prayinghard
there are many kinds of stress
emotional stress is one of them.
so cry 1 hard time out if you have to for u to feel better
then after which we will need to get on going.
we want our bbs to be full of smiles no matter what may come.

Last edited:

Dragontail

I did an opk an hr ago and it is still quite dark but a teeny bit lighter than last nite's. So can I say my surge is over? My egg should pop within 24-48hrs from last night?

Hehhe.... me and hubby aint rabbits. Only those times when we feel stressless from work, then we can bd consecutively. Also (spilling the beans), we try to spice things up by doing little role play. It makes a difference in the mood :)

Shez, which phase are you at now? Are you expecting an O to happen anytime? If not, you can disregard the temp for that day. Leave the temp blank. The main objective of bbt is to spot the O date (thus you are also aware how long your FP or LP). But of cos if one is preggie then bbt is another story altogether. When I dont sleep well and I know the temp is wrong, no point recording it down just to fill in the blank. That's what I will do la.

Dragontail

Prayinghard, every body's different. We have to take it at our stride that things happen differently for everyone. The only way to get to what we want is go with the flow. Listen to your sinseh and do whay she tells you ok. The rest we cant change history nor predict what's coming. I always believe things happen with a reason. And I am glad just everyday I see the good things around me.
Dont worry too much for tomorrow. It will handle itself.

creeni

Superwoman: For me very hard to traveling without my son. My son every night will find me. May be because i am full breastfeeding him for 3 years.

Prayinghard: don't too stress... For me every time gathering with friends, they will always compare our son. Who can go to best primary school, and their school result. My son is at special need school, he can not go to normal primary school. But i am very happy to see him improve everyday. For me i think we can not compare anything. We just ignore our friends that compare their pregnancy. As long as we have tried our best.

Everyday i am taking ban chonn chan medicine. I need to boil the medicine for me and my husband. This is my 2nd month taking tcm medicine. I feel good, my hubby also feel more energy during bd.

All sisters ^_^ jia you ~~~

I think i am over weight, so that's why very hard pregnant. During this 2 years i gain 20 kg :( too enjoy life. I am 84kg. My height is 170cm.
I heard from my mum, if woman too fat very hard pregnant because of tummy too much fats.

Dragontail

Thanks faithmummy! I reckon I should see a temp shift tomorrow morning. I have stopped DOM and also starting to drink chix essence regularly.

Cheeni, you are such a strong lady. I salute you for being a brave and fabulous mummy! Agree that life should be of no comparison and really no one owes us our destiny. We seek our own happiness.

Maybe doing morning long walks with your family on weekends sounds fun? Or cycling?

creeni

ban choon chan is a good sinseh !! have faith with him... u will sure strike with his help !! good luck to you..
yes, we should not compare ourselves with others.... we lead our own life and decide our own fate.... i think you have been a great mummy... you have done your best...
stay positive !! :)

quincy1986

@creeni
hey no worries.
my hubbies col is extremely overweight.
and she got 2 pretty children.
both out of her planning.
but she is trying to lose weight now because she wants a healthy lifestyle.

littlej

Hey prayinghard - have a good cry and we are your sounding board if you need to talk, whinge, complain, air your thoughts etc. and yes forget about yesterday, focus on today. And focus on yourself not others. I once read and I feel this is so true- "every second you spend thinking about the past, is time taken away from pursuing your present. Every second you spend thinking about someone else's dreams is time taken from pursuing your own dreams."

Ah dragontail - there is so much we could learn from you :p haha no more bunny-ing around when you start on 2ww. But I think you can still bunny bunny one last time tmr la since u still got line today.

Hi creeni - you are a strong woman. Kudos to you. Erm no offense but my friend's gynae did say weight could be an issue as my friend is also on the heavy side. Perhaps in addition to the Tcm you could also do some daily exercise like walking and it could be as simple as not taking the feeder bus and walking, or alight one bus stop earlier and walk or even take the stairs instead of lift. But always start slow, don't over exert!

littlej

Oh btw had a similar discussion at my frirnd's place yesterday. Our kids' generation will find it difficult to survive in Singapore as they become adults. :(

Shez

Dragontail, I was expecting o last week! I had a dip on feb 12, bd on feb 14. And temp was increasing on feb 15 & 16. Am now on 2ww

I have some slight aches on my left ovary area (to the left, below belly button line) last night.

Saw Tcm yesterday, and she's keeping her fingers crossed too that the bd will hit when the eggs are released. During my ultrasound before new year, gynae did say there's an egg in the left ovary, but it's still small. Said most likely will release in 7-10 days, so gynaes timings also on about the same timing as my bbt dip.