When can I feel my baby...?

izanyzam

Wow izanysam, I am happy for you, must be a great feeling. I so look forward to experience that soon!

I didnt feel any fluttering but sometimes i feel a sudden tightening of my tummy, (feels like it gets a little heavier on the left or right side of the tummy) and that makes me wonder if the baby is stretching his/her body :001_302:
Hi Shiseru...Yes its definitely an amazing feeling...The past few days,i noticed that ive been feeling a lot of flutterings esp during the evenings and at night..

How far along are you..??I hope you get to feel your baby moving soon..!!!:001_302:

izanyzam

I think you just feel your baby moving!! Congrats!
Hi Stan....Yeayyyyy...!!! I think its definitely the baby moving...Sometimes,i will get shocked when i feel those "bubbles" popping..I will get excited and tell hubby that baby just moved...But of course,its still early for hubby to feel baby's movements...Im looking forward to the moments when hubby can feel the baby when he puts his hand on my tummy...!!!But i think i might have to wait longer for that coz i have a thick stomach...Even my gynae and midwife said that...!!!:shyxxx:

adelynn

Hi Stan....Yeayyyyy...!!! I think its definitely the baby moving...Sometimes,i will get shocked when i feel those "bubbles" popping..I will get excited and tell hubby that baby just moved...But of course,its still early for hubby to feel baby's movements...Im looking forward to the moments when hubby can feel the baby when he puts his hand on my tummy...!!!But i think i might have to wait longer for that coz i have a thick stomach...Even my gynae and midwife said that...!!!:shyxxx:
Yes i think the most wonderful feeling is with both parents can feel the baby moving. It would then be a perfect bonding for e family cell.

Stan

Yes!.. hubby was disappointed at first cos he cant feel it cos the 'bubbles' are not that big a movement... even if he has his hands over my tummy and there is a 'bubble', he still cannot feel it!
Then out of the blue one day when he least expected, the baby decided to say hi by giving him a HUGE 'bubble' and he actually lift his hand away from my tummy in shock! He was smiling the rest of the night.:Dancing_wub:

izanyzam

Yes!.. hubby was disappointed at first cos he cant feel it cos the 'bubbles' are not that big a movement... even if he has his hands over my tummy and there is a 'bubble', he still cannot feel it!
Then out of the blue one day when he least expected, the baby decided to say hi by giving him a HUGE 'bubble' and he actually lift his hand away from my tummy in shock! He was smiling the rest of the night.:Dancing_wub:
Nowadays when i tell hubby that baby is moving,he will stroke my tummy but too bad he cant feel his movements...Its so nice to hear that you and hubby are able to enjoy the moment together.. :001_302:

kohym

Alpha Male
i soo-kar soo-kar also go stroke my wife's tummy, hopefully can heng heng feel the movement.

but she says she haven even felt it yet, let alone me! :)

snowbear

Nowadays when i tell hubby that baby is moving,he will stroke my tummy but too bad he cant feel his movements...Its so nice to hear that you and hubby are able to enjoy the moment together.. :001_302:
Dun worry. Bb's movements later on will be so big that it'd be hard to miss. :) My bb was so active that can see her move from one side to the other side and see her little limbs "pushing" out from my belly every now and then. Never fails to scare the shit out of my male colleagues who're not daddies. :001_302::001_302:

Stan

i soo-kar soo-kar also go stroke my wife's tummy, hopefully can lucky lucky feel the movement.

but she says she have not even felt it yet, let alone me! :)
Once your wife can feel it, you can keep trying liao! cos it took hubby many many attempts before he got 'lucky' too..:Dancing_wub:

shiseru

Can one really really feel and tell it's baby's movement for the very first time? Will I be able to know?

If like bubble/gas I most likely will think it's my tummy coz it's always so gassy nowadays :001_302:

snowbear

Can one really really feel and tell it's baby's movement for the very first time? Will I be able to know?

If like bubble/gas I most likely will think it's my tummy coz it's always so gassy nowadays :001_302:
Yes, you will know it when u feel it!!! :001_302:

After reading all your sharing, I shall need to be patience and wait for the wonderful kicking movements from my lovely son. Yohz, I am prepared!! hahaha...

hueychye79

My hubby always complain cannot feel the baby movement when he touch my tummy.

Few days ago, my boy decide to let his daddy know he is happily kick inside the mummy tummy.

So, after my hubby help me to massage the leg and apply the strech mark cream. We are waiting, and suddenly my tummy have something poke up.

:001_302:

That is my boy say hello to his daddy! :tlaugh:

shiseru

After reading all your sharing, I shall need to be patience and wait for the wonderful kicking movements from my lovely son. Yohz, I am prepared!! hahaha...
Have you not feel the movement yet? I see you are almost to 20 weeks. O_O
Aaaah, when can i feel mine then, I'm only 16 weeks. :wong19:

annie03

Hi everyone!

I'm new and will be a first time mother in Oct. :) Nice to meet you guys here!

I'm now 19-20 weeks pregnant, but I still can not feel my baby. :(

Sigh, when can I feel her? And how's the feeling...?:embarrassed:

Thank you!

Hi iliana,

no worries, i experience the same feeling as you too cos i'm also a 1st time mum n gal is also an oct baby but is in yr 08.. and i have chk with my gynae that its normal when we didnt get to feel our baby movements cos 1st of all, we r new to the movements n maybe it so light that we could nt feel it or dun really know when they are actually kicking... you can only feel it like ard 24 wks which will be a very obvious kick cos mum at 2nd birth could feel the kick better cos they have already gt the past experience there n i did compare with my frend who is at her 2nd birth n even though her EDD is 1 mth later than mine, she could actually feel her baby movements at 20wks n as for me is 24wks at my 1st birth... so maybe another wk or more u will be able to experience this wonderful feeling, enjoy! =)

shiseru

17 weeks and 5 days pregnant! I think I am finally starting to feel the movement. I felt gentle poking/thumping on my lower tummy! *Get excited, runs around screaming like a little gal

I had this feeling for the past 2 days but I wasn't sure. Could it be the baby huh huh? O_O

Last edited:

newbie2009

17 weeks and 5 days pregnant! I think I am finally starting to feel the movement. I felt gentle poking/thumping on my lower tummy! *Get excited, runs around screaming like a little gal

I had this feeling for the past 2 days but I wasn't sure. Could it be the baby huh huh? O_O
most probably you are feeling the baby. Initailly the baby movement feels like bubbly bubble kind of feeling.

izanyzam

Yup ive had that same feeling when i was in week 19...Its like a bubble-feeling at the lower abdomen...i wasnt sure at first if it was my baby moving..But the following week during my 20th week detailed scanning...I could see that my baby boy was very active...Kicking his legs and waving his arms...At one point,we could clearly see him stretching as if he had just woken up..!! And throughout all that "aerobics" he was doing,i didnt feel a single thing...So the sonographer tells me not to worry if i dont feel his movements..Coz the amniotic fluid surrounding the baby is actually absorbing the effects..But as we could clearly see...He is VERY active..!!!

But now since early this week,i have been feeling very obvious movements in my lower abdomen..Just 2 nights ago,i felt a strong thump at my backbone...I was sooo shocked and scared at first coz i was alone in our house that night as hubby was working his night shift..!! Baby always starts moving from evening till night..It kind of tickles me actually and i will end up talking to him and giggling at the same time..:001_302:

shiseru

Yeah, when i went for my scan, I saw the baby kicking up a storm but I couldn't feel anything, doctor said something about adominal wall thick, but i think maybe I got too much fats, LOL!

Which part of the tummy do you ladies usually feel the baby movement/kick? Mine is always a little to the left (center-left) :blaugh: