EDD Sep 2010

mrs_eg

Hmm..... I guess as long as it is warm water shld be fine.... But will probably use cooled boiled water for my perineum....

And congrats happy baby!!!!

mommymin

hey mrs eg!

in fact im done with the waiting game!

started having contractions at 1+am last sat. my gynae previously said not to go in when contractions come 1 in 15 mins, and to wait till 1 in 5 before admitting. but when my contractions started, it was already 1 in 3. that was how close the contractions were!

i told myself it was probably false labour, although the tightening & relieving of uterus was pretty recognisable. and i stupidly beared the pain till 5am before i was finally willing to get myself to the hospital.

when the nurse checked me at 530am, i was alr 3cm dilated. she was so surprised that i beared the contraction pain for 4+ hours. -.-" then the contractions got more close & intense, but i was pretty KO by the laughing gas by then.

and cos i was quite KO and were pushing groggily at the last mile, "somehow" i managed to squeeze out my princess at 830am. "somehow", cos i didnt really knew what went on actually, hahaha!

so now im at home with my "terrorist" (she's born on sept 11th =/) and serving my jail-term.

here's wishing the other waiting mommies a smooth & safe delivery! The Day will be here really soon. =)

bb2010

Hey everyone,

Just to share old wives tales.
Open up all the drawers in the house before heading to hospital for delivery, and you will have a easy delivery. I dont know how true is it but no harm trying. I did follow and delivered pretty smoothly. woke up from the contraction, heard mid wives called gynae hurried to hospital. gynae reached hospital within 15 mins and checked on me, in less then 30 mins i gave birth.
are you 1st time be mummy? bcos i heard say 2nd time will be easier and smooth to deliver.

dl28

hi. came back from checkup..fluid level very good and no wonder baby dont wanna come out. Placenta has moved too..yippeee

doc let us wait for one more week till 21 sept and planning to induce within that week.
hoping for sep 24 as birthdate so got to plan when and what time to induce

doc said that cervix still high. the truth is i really dont know what i want..so confused.
:embarrassed: to wait..to induce early..hiaz...

mrs_eg

hey mrs eg!

in fact im done with the waiting game!

started having contractions at 1+am last sat. my gynae previously said not to go in when contractions come 1 in 15 mins, and to wait till 1 in 5 before admitting. but when my contractions started, it was already 1 in 3. that was how close the contractions were!

i told myself it was probably false labour, although the tightening & relieving of uterus was pretty recognisable. and i stupidly beared the pain till 5am before i was finally willing to get myself to the hospital.

when the nurse checked me at 530am, i was already 3cm dilated. she was so surprised that i beared the contraction pain for 4+ hours. -.-" then the contractions got more close & intense, but i was pretty KO by the laughing gas by then.

and cos i was quite KO and were pushing groggily at the last mile, "somehow" i managed to squeeze out my princess at 830am. "somehow", cos i didnt really knew what went on actually, hahaha!

so now im at home with my "terrorist" (she's born on sept 11th =/) and serving my jail-term.

here's wishing the other waiting mommies a smooth & safe delivery! The Day will be here really soon. =)

wow thanx for sharing!!!!
You must have a high level of tolerance!!!!
and wat a funny way to describe ur confinement!!! hahahaha

rest well mommymin!!!

mrs_eg

hi. came back from checkup..fluid level very good and no wonder baby dont wanna come out. Placenta has moved too..yippeee

doc let us wait for one more week till 21 sept and planning to induce within that week.
hoping for sep 24 as birthdate so got to plan when and what time to induce

doc said that cervix still high. the truth is i really dont know what i want..so confused.
:embarrassed: to wait..to induce early..sigh...
hahaha same problem here.... suppose to due this sat... but already fix another appointment on monday if baby still dun want to come out... by then I will have to let the gyn know when I wana induce... or wait longer...

:err:

dl28

hahaha same problem here.... suppose to due this sat... but already fix another appointment on monday if baby still dont want to come out... by then I will have to let the gyn know when I want to induce... or wait longer...

:err:

ahhh, we are on the same boat too..my appt is on tues and my gynae will not be in on from next sat to thurs..i was wth....i asked so how i if my waterbag breaks then, you will not be around..no ans..just a blank look..gosh..:err: and then, i will get another doc. i was like again..wth..

lovemk87

ahhh, we are on the same boat too..my appt is on tues and my gynae will not be in on from next sat to thurs..i was wth....i asked so how i if my waterbag breaks then, you will not be around..no ans..just a blank look..gosh..:err: and then, i will get another doc. i was like again..wth..
me too!~~ my next appt is on saturday.
my gynae is on maternity leave now so i have to get another doctor :)
she recommended her dad to me lols..

dl28 so how? now u looking for another gynae or u might wanna ask your current gynae to recommend a gynae to you?

dl28

me too!~~ my next appt is on saturday.
my gynae is on maternity leave now so i have to get another doctor :)
she recommended her dad to me lols..

dl28 so how? now you looking for another gynae or you might wanna ask your current gynae to recommend a gynae to you?
hi, i have someone in my mind. going to ask my gynae, how would i go about getting the other doc.

mrs_eg

Dun worry... Im sure you will still be in good hands!!! Jus focus on the keeping urself rested while u wait for the baby...

Ive been telling my baby not to wait too long cos mommy n daddy eager to see her... Hope it helps!!! :)

nightingale

Dear mummies, I'm so happy to announce the arrival of my darling little girl, Cheyenne Tang :D Delivered at 9.30pm @ Mt Alvernia at a weight of 3.34kg, hehe. Now resting at my room. Will tell you ladies more soon~ but now need to regain some energy!

mrs_eg

Dear mummies, I'm so happy to announce the arrival of my darling little girl, Cheyenne Tang :D Delivered at 9.30pm @ Mt Alvernia at a weight of 3.34kg, hehe. Now resting at my room. Will tell you ladies more soon~ but now need to regain some energy!
Congrats nightingale!!! I have been wondering if ur absence means good news!!!

Rest well ya?! And do update!!!!

Btw... I jus had the "bloody show"... Hope my turn will come soon...!

DELvy

Congratulations Nightingale! We made it!
Hi mummies, I am also proud to announce the arrival of my little prince on 11 Sep, 4.55am @ TMC. He weighs 2.94kg at birth. My boy is still in the hospital under photolight therapy for jaundice and we have not named him yet.

Fiona73

Congrat! Wow big baby, you must have a tough time ya. Rest well and take care.

Fiona73

Congratulations Nightingale! We made it!
Hi mummies, I am also proud to announce the arrival of my little prince on 11 Sep, 4.55am @ Thomson Medical Center. He weighs 2.94kg at birth. My boy is still in the hospital under photolight therapy for jaundice and we have not named him yet.
Congrat! Jaundice is common for Asian bb, dun worry. Rest well and take care.

Fiona73

Used to have false labour sign for the past weeks. But this week everything seemed to settle down. Wondering when? So worry, she come while I am doin g my marketing every morning...dun really dare to move out of the house now.

lekdao

Congrats to mummy DELvy and mummy nightingale.
All babies will hv Jaundice, just sun bath them for a few days. And shower them with some flower seed which can get from chinese medical hall.

Have lots of good rest and enjoy your confinement.

Last edited: