EDD May 2011

whomovedmycheese

Wah dont throw le can give away to those in need. Think hospital would want too for preemie babies. Or perhaps this thread got mummy want.
Can donate?? Would the hospital want it? Cant find any info on milk donation.

Asked my hb about lengthening the interval. He said wait till 1 week before I start work then I lengthen. Now just continue to pump. I think he also have the same kiasu mentality as me. Btw, I realised the earliest bag I have is mid June. The rest are July and I m going back on 22 aug. So would be just nice ba. Milk not too old

lsy

Yes I did try before. But to get totally thawed takes a long time. Fridge also lots of other food. I just use those transparent bag tie
It will take approx 9 hrs right? They say if u put it in a container of water then thaw it in the fridge will speed up process. I haven't thaw that way yet. Can try n let me know how long it will take?

lsy

Can donate?? Would the hospital want it? Cant find any info on milk donation.

Asked my hb about lengthening the interval. He said wait till 1 week before I start work then I lengthen. Now just continue to pump. I think he also have the same kiasu mentality as me. Btw, I realised the earliest bag I have is mid June. The rest are July and I m going back on 22 aug. So would be just nice ba. Milk not too old
There are mummies in this forum that get other people's milk for their little one. But they will pasteurize the milk before consume.

lsy

Azzzima & whomovedmycheese , I remember u both r using glass bottles from hospital. May I know if u all freezing the milk in glass bottles as well? Is it safe? I mean will it crack etc. I just pop 1 bottle to the fridge 90ml. Enough space for expansion?
Very worried coz online got contradicting info on sample milk glass bottles.
There's even a lady who say she called the milk company to ask on the usage of the glass and they say meant for single use not freezing.

whomovedmycheese

Azzzima & whomovedmycheese , I remember u both r using glass bottles from hospital. May I know if u all freezing the milk in glass bottles as well? Is it safe? I mean will it crack etc. I just pop 1 bottle to the fridge 90ml. Enough space for expansion?
Very worried coz online got contradicting info on sample milk glass bottles.
There's even a lady who say she called the milk company to ask on the usage of the glass and they say meant for single use not freezing.
I used to freeze milk in glass bottle but I have already stopped doing it coz its taking too much space. Now I only use those glass bottles to store milk in the refrigerator.

whomovedmycheese

They boil it. So someone ask her bout the nutrient gone but she say still got protein n sugar etc left better than fm wor.
Icic.. Anyway, I will see how it goes when I return to work. Btw, I might be able to store my ebm for 6 months, coz I just gotten a freezer specially for my ebm. I think it should be considered deep freeze?

lsy

Icic.. Anyway, I will see how it goes when I return to work. Btw, I might be able to store my ebm for 6 months, coz I just gotten a freezer specially for my ebm. I think it should be considered deep freeze?
Deep freezer is those type put ice cream size one I guess. Mini freezer is still freezer right? Perhaps could check the temperature.
I saw bmsg website they even say Singapore 2 door freezer compartment recommended storage is 2 months and not LLL's 3 months.
I that day go and tune the freezer compartment setting to almost max cold. Hahaha. My fridge at home didn't keep anything now at freezer. Purely for ebm. Thumbs up for being only lady of the house not cooking yet :p

whomovedmycheese

Deep freezer is those type put ice cream size one I guess. Mini freezer is still freezer right? Perhaps could check the temperature.
I saw bmsg website they even say Singapore 2 door freezer compartment recommended storage is 2 months and not LLL's 3 months.
I that day go and tune the freezer compartment setting to almost max cold. Hahaha. My fridge at home didn't keep anything now at freezer. Purely for ebm. Thumbs up for being only lady of the house not cooking yet :p
Lol.. I didn't get those chest freezers. I bought a freezer with compartments, so easier to sort out the milk. I think mine can go to -18 degrees but I didn't tune it, only medium coldness.

azzzima

Oh I thought glass bottles is the safest compared to plastic bottles. It doesn't crack. I ve been reusing my glass bottles since mid June. I feel safer using glass bottles. I do not fill it up completely as advised by hubby due to u have mentioned expansion. Each bottle can hold up to approximately 80-90ml. Just nice cos my baby drinks that amount currently.

I did use bm bags but since I can't pump alot, I can't make the bags stand upright. Anyways want to make life easier for mum in law by using bottles only.

azzzima

Actually what is the cheapest way to store ebm? Bags , tray, or bottles?
Glass bottles from hospital!!!! Hahaha I got 8 bottles but the way I got them was wen my baby was admitted for few days due jaundice. So I keep asking for glass bottles to ferry ebm to feed her. Haha at least like not paisey. I bought 3 storage bottles from pigeon and if I cld rem price not so cheap. Didn't look at bags cos of the above reason. Tray seems to be ex too.

But to me the least work needed to sterilise, store milk in them and reheat for baby to drink is glass bottles. Then you can just buy standard ring n teat n feed ur baby straightaway.

Last edited:

azzzima

We bought a separate freezer too for my ebm so first drawer consists of her milk. Anyway our fridge the small type and hubby wants a drawer just for baby s milk.

I use nanny milk storage bag, i think it save space for the fridge. I use 2 compartment fridge, so the frozen milk is on top. I always store the midnight pump as there will be a lot compare to the day (skip 1 pump session).
My baby still haven't go back to normal vol yet, now stop at 80ml per feed, we tried to increase the feeding session, like 2 hour interval.. so total vol per day is around 600ml, which i think is at the low side..
But she is happy, poo, and pee pee, so i think it is fine?

lsy

I use nanny milk storage bag, i think it save space for the fridge. I use 2 compartment fridge, so the frozen milk is on top. I always store the midnight pump as there will be a lot compare to the day (skip 1 pump session).
My baby still haven't go back to normal vol yet, now stop at 80ml per feed, we tried to increase the feeding session, like 2 hour interval.. so total vol per day is around 600ml, which i think is at the low side..
But she is happy, poo, and pee pee, so i think it is fine?
Initially I was worried on the same issue. Now come to think about it , as long as her weight not declining and baby is alert and happy with poop n pee is good enough. Pee not too yellow means baby hydrated. Yellow mustard poo enough hindmilk.
If I count 80ml per feed and I'm feeding her 7 sessions is only 560ml.

lsy

Ivy your bb drinks 80ml n 7 sessions? My fat boy about 7 weeksdrink 100ml n 8-9 times a day.. I also hope I can start storing BM in freezer like u guys!!

Btw anyone needs more bb clothing ESP long rompers for air con room ! http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5794115.html?1312061722
Each baby growth rate differs moreover boy vs girl. Hehe ur boy boy must be little Michelin. By the way 6-8 weeks suppose to be growth spurt so they will drink even more.

whomovedmycheese

Each baby growth rate differs moreover boy vs girl. Hehe ur boy boy must be little Michelin. By the way 6-8 weeks suppose to be growth spurt so they will drink even more.
My baby seems to be having another round of growth spurt.. Can drink 150ml at 1 feeding. But last for 3-4 hours la. So perhaps even out the same. Lol..