EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Meilynn

I dun trust hubby to cut the cord, scare he fainted also.
Best of luck Climsp! My hubby dare not cut the umbilical cord during my delivery. Think beter for him to reject cutting than he to faint ;) lol

Hubby may be braver so jia you to papa too!!

Rukia

Anyone knows where Nanny milk bags and Boots milk bags are manufactured in? Is this boots milk bags same com as the boots pharmacy in thailand?

I heard these two brands are one of the best?

Butt8rfly

Hi Tannie

at the NUH, i roomed in with my girl but the nurses kept a watch so every 3 hour, they will come into my room to remind me to feed her and also to bring her to the pediatrician to check on her jaundice level.

from birth, her jaundice was on the borderline and just miss by 5 or 10 to the phototheraphy level. though there was no milk, she needed to suck so that my milk could eventually come in.

actually, first 3 days, she passed black stools and very little pee since no milk or colostrum. i maintained sucking at 3 hour interval though no milk. when colostrum came in on day 3, she start to suckle every 2 hours. slowly, her pee and stool became more, and eventually turned green color. then when the baby doctor corrected her suckling posture (by opening her mouth more), she started to have yellow stool. This was on day 5 or day 6.

actually on day 4 and day 5, i had engorgement but it wasn't painful and by then, i decided to bath with warm water (without the herbs). I massaged my breasts during bathing and before feeding to increase the flow. Though my left breast started to have block ducts, and become really sore and eventually had a bit of blood on it, i persisted in feeding. eventually, because my girl's sucks are very strong, the block ducts go away.

Now my girl tends to fall asleep while feeding. if it is at night, i let her continue sleep and just gently remove the nipple from her mouth. But for day time, she will cry after she discover no nipple after 5 minutes. so now i hold her till i am sure she is sound asleep before putting her back in her cot. but i read that it is better to put babies back in cot while they are still awake.

you may want to use this website as a reference for the stool colors.

Understanding Your Baby's Poop Colors - Similac

Butt8rfly , I admire ur determinations n strong will...bt if I were to go thru again, I still dun think I can do it your way...

I oso realised my baby is asking for milk wif shorter interval, is it normal? I was a little reluctant to cause nipple a bit sore...now she is sort of every 2 hrs feed...

Butt8rfly

Hi Rzena

My girl's jaundice level always falls just below the phototherapy level (like 5 or 10 below).

I asked the pediatrician and according to them, they calculate the number of hours that the baby has been born to match the level of jaundice level (which they tested using either a skin color detector at the chest or they draw blood from the baby's feet). If the jaundice level falls into the "high" level, they will recommend the phototheraphy treatment. The "high" level changes by day or by the hours that they baby has been born. so by the day 5 or day 6, i remembered it was like 260+.

I also find myself very hungry when I started breast feeding. My confinement food came on Day 7 and by then, my appetite was huge! Till now, I have normal lunch and immediately, I still can down a cup of milo, biscuits, bread and 1 green apple! I eat every 3 hour, immediately after feeding my girl. I find that by snacking often, I can replenish my own energy and I don't feel so grouchy. And breastfeeding takes up about 500calories per day, if I am not wrong. And during confinement, never diet! Just eat when you feel hungry and you will be alright! By the way, I had diabetes during pregnancy and controlled my diet. But the diabetes went away on Day 2 and now I am eating normally (actually more than normal since I am eating way much more than before pregnant).

I lost about 5kg on day 4. But since i put on a total of 22kg over my pregnancy...it's still a long way to go.

Yes, I also get very hungry now that I'm breastfeeding. Other than the normal meals, must eat late morning snack, tea break and supper.

I'm using Avent single electric breast pump.

Climsp, Fanger n the rest who are still waiting, should be quite fast liao... I also had a slight drop in weight few days before i popped. :)

Haha... Answering a few pple's questions in one reply.

I have a question...any of your babies' jaundice reading is going by hundreds instead of tens?
I brought my baby back on day 5 to do jaundice test and the result was 274.

Butt8rfly

mine was water birth so I was in the tub. my husband and the midwife faced my VJJ. For water birth, the blood loss in the water wasn't that much, so it wasn't really that bloody till after the baby came out. Only after umblical cord was cut and baby handed to my hubby, then i saw the water became abit pinkish red. It wasn't that bad.

But when i move to the bed to remove the placenta, there was alot of blood. i think at least 1 litre! Guess this is part of our weight gain!

Wanna ask mummies who have normal delivery!! Where ur hubby stand?? Beside & hug u while face the gynea or stand beside gynea facing ur VJJ n massage ur legs?? My hubby scare if he see any blood will faint!! Haha! Cos his friend who use the same gynea was ask to massage his wife legs n face the VJJ. His face is kind of scared also.

Butt8rfly

Hi Fanger

my pain from the stitch lasted till day 8 or day 9. i took the panodol all the way because the doctor advised: no need to feel the pain and the panadol is very mild and will not affect the baby. I stopped because I feel that the pain is lesser and I was able to deal with it.

Guess my stitch pain was so long because i was bathing everyday and from day 4 onwards, I was sponging/bathing my girl daily. Think the squatting down plays a part too. Also, I did not have enough bed rest because of visitors, so I think this also contributed to the delay in recovery.

Would like to ask there is pain at stitch area, seem cant leave without painkiller. How long does the pain last?

rellako

to those mummies that have gave birth in Mt Alvernia..dont mind i have some queries:

- overall cost excluding gynae fees, 1 bedder..

- how's the service?

- got give bathtub right? haha.. and what else?

- if no BM supply, currently what FM are they giving?

- got complimentary parking for spouse? my hb will be there with me for a few days.. imagine the cost of parking without a complimentary ticket o_O i rmb reading in some forum thread that they do give out, but last week false alarm so make a trip there, they say no leh!

arielc

to those mummies that have gave birth in Mt Alvernia..dont mind i have some queries:

- overall cost excluding gynae fees, 1 bedder..

- how's the service?

- got give bathtub right? haha.. and what else?

- if no BM supply, currently what FM are they giving?

- got complimentary parking for spouse? my hb will be there with me for a few days.. imagine the cost of parking without a complimentary ticket o_O i rmb reading in some forum thread that they do give out, but last week false alarm so make a trip there, they say no leh!
hi rellako,

i gave birth at Mt A on 3 May and was discharged on 5 May, so had a typically package.

- Overall cost including gynae, PD, and anesthesist (i took epidural) fees for a single deluxe room came up to about $6k, $2.6k payable through medisave.

- Service was very good... Mid-wives and nurses are all very caring... no complains...

- Yes, they give bath tub, and a diaper bag with samples and brochures inside.. samples such as travel size wet wipes, baby toiletries..

- Not sure what brand of FM they giving though...

- There's discounted parking... they will give your hubby a 'ticket', remember to go and exchange it for the parking ticket to insert into the machine when your car is exiting. My hubby forgot to do that, and we paid $50+ of parking fees! Just a warning on the parking... Mt A is renovating their parking now and there's always a long long queue if you go there during office hours. I was admitted at 7am so no queue. Imagine you are having contractions and stuck in the queue!

rellako

Hello arielc, so u paid cash $4k plus? How much is your gynae fees? Assisted delivery with vacuum or forceps? So the parking is discounted huh, not totally complimentary right...

Tannie

Thanks butt8fly. Now my girl tend to be wide awake after feeding n refuse to sleep...
Mummies, does ur newborn sleep immediately after feeding or do u need to pacify them to sleep? She was awake since last nite 4am feed n refuse to sleep no matter, so I Am changing, feeding and pacifying her till 8am... I am so tired...

arielc

Hello arielc, so u paid cash $4k plus? How much is your gynae fees? Assisted delivery with vacuum or forceps? So the parking is discounted huh, not totally complimentary right...
Hello rellako,

we paid $3.4k in cash... my gynae fee was $1.8k.. normal delivery (not assisted)...

hmm parking i not sure leh.. maybe it is complimentary.. cos we didn't go an exchange, so can't be sure... anyway you rem to exchange the ticket, sure will be cheaper!

arielc

Thanks butt8fly. Now my girl tend to be wide awake after feeding n refuse to sleep...
Mummies, does ur newborn sleep immediately after feeding or do u need to pacify them to sleep? She was awake since last nite 4am feed n refuse to sleep no matter, so I Am changing, feeding and pacifying her till 8am... I am so tired...
hey tannie...
my boy sometimes sleep immediately after feeding, sometimes need to pacify...
now got CL pacify him... once she leaves, i can't imagine having to do it myself!
so tiring!

cn211279

Hi, tataro,

I actually bring my son to the polyclinic every 2-3 days to do a blood test to test the juandice level. Some private clinics got a special scanner that can scan the forehead to test the pigmentation of the skin as well. I know that raffles has that. But not sure if there are other clinics with such scanners.

Hi cn211279, my gal went to check up last wed, pd said need to go back to see her on tue If her body still shown yellowish. Today her face still bit yellow, dont know still need to bring her to see pd not, btw, only blood test can check the level of the jaundice ? How I know if the level is drop?

Rukia

Hi, tataro,

I actually bring my son to the polyclinic every 2-3 days to do a blood test to test the juandice level. Some private clinics got a special scanner that can scan the forehead to test the pigmentation of the skin as well. I know that raffles has that. But not sure if there are other clinics with such scanners.

Hi cn211279, my gal went to check up last wed, pd said need to go back to see her on tue If her body still shown yellowish. Today her face still bit yellow, dont know still need to bring her to see pd not, btw, only blood test can check the level of the jaundice ? How I know if the level is drop?
Disnt know polyclinic has this facility. Do we just walk in and let them know to test for baby jaundice level? Or do we have to make appt? Any polyclinic? How much does the test cost? Is results available on the spot?

Gracecwz

Hello rellako,

we paid $3.4k in cash... my gynae fee was $1.8k.. normal delivery (not assisted)...

hmm parking i not sure leh.. maybe it is complimentary.. cos we didn't go an exchange, so can't be sure... anyway you rem to exchange the ticket,
sure will be cheaper!
Hey ladies, I went for hospital tour, they say parking is $5.10 per day unlimited entry. And if u r in labour, ur hubby can just park somewhere at the entrance ( as long as not ambulance slot) deposit u in delivery room first. Later then shift car to carpark.

arielc

hi mummies whose babies have jaundice...

i know most babies' jaundice go away after 3-5 days.. this is called the physiological jaundice which is very common.
there's another type of jaundice called breastmilk jaundice which is common amongst bf babies.. this takes up to 6-8 weeks to go away.. currently my baby has been diagnosed with breastmilk jaundice...
PD says there's a third possibility that baby has biliary atresia, which is liver malfunction... have any of you been told about this by your PD?
for those with breastmilk jaundice, what tests and treatment have you gone through?

my baby having hiccup pretty often. anyone experiencing it too?

if so, any way to stop other than patting them?
My CL said can give water but since I'm BFing I just give another mouthful of BM till his hiccup stops. But since hiccup is v common in newBorn no need to be over worried bah :)
Sometimes I find burping v difficult cos burp v long still can't hear the burp sound!